Early Godet EK1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Godet EK1.

Haven't purchased in a long while any 1939 Iron Crosses in sort of a protest towards the ever rising prices. This early Godet however caught my eye and was reasonably priced so I've added it to my collection.
    Attached Files

Nice cross!
    This is an unmarked cross right?
    I always wonder why people link these unmarked versions to godet and not to zimmermann. The true manufacturer, instead the retail seller. About the prices... it has pros and cons...but if people are willing to pay high prices it means the hobby is alive and kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
      Nice cross!

I always wonder why people link these unmarked versions to godet and not to zimmermann.
      Reason I believe the earlier version (slight variation in details) is actually made by Godet is that: I saw somewhere a scan of an old document with EK/award manufacturers in 1940. Godet with many other early manufacturers such as Deschler, Juncker Schickle, Meybauer (etc.) were listed as producers, but not C.F.Zimmermann.
      I also recall seeing some old receipts from Godet to the officials where they are ordering iron for awards.

My opinion regarding that these early ones are made by Godet is based on that. I want to stress that it's only my opinion, not a fact.

Comment

I believe all Gebr. Godet EKs were made by other makers. This one and most others by CF Zimmermann, and a few by Mayer.

The 1939 EKs I believe should really be called Godets are:
        1. All EK2s (Zimmermann seems never to have supplied any to the government);
        2. Any EK1 marked 21 or L/50;
        3. Any EK1 in a Godet carton.

Other than these we are looking at "possible Godets" in my opinion.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

PS: Very nice cross; I like this type a lot.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I think this cross is just an unmarked Zimmermann ek1 and labeling it as Godet might be confusing..
            If Zimmermann would distribute crosses to Godet for retail i believe these were always marked with the specific code for Godet.
            There is no factual proof this particular, unmarked cross is linked to Godet...
            If people follow that trend, soon unmarked Mayer crosses will be labeled as Godet too. Just my 2 cents.
            That does not take away that the cross that started this thread is a nice and original example.

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

I'll leave the discussion of this here. Before any new solid information comes up, it's really speculation from any point of view. I don't want to turn this thread into another of those never ending debate threads regarding the circle of Deumer, Godet, Zimmermann and Mayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                Thanks for the comments.

I'll leave the discussion of this here. Before any new solid information comes up, it's really speculation from any point of view. I don't want to turn this thread into another of those never ending debate threads regarding the circle of Deumer, Godet, Zimmermann and Mayer.
                All very true. But you're the one who titled the thread "Godet". No matter the maker, it's nice.

best
                H
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                  you're the one who titled the thread "Godet".
                  Yeah. Perhaps I'll give a thought next time what to call it, I should have had understood that it would lead to differing opinions and thoughts. I lit the fire, can't blame anyone for that it spreads.

However I'd love a proper debate and a discussion of this type (who wouldn't?)!
                  Problem being my time wouldn't really allow me to take part in the extension I'd like to. The situation that I didn't have much time in the NCO School isn't really improved from fact that I've been picked by my superiors to be sent to the Reserve Officer School.

Comment

IMO these types about EK1 always debate will be,because not possible 100% to prove who actually did these pieces

here is my piece ,this the good example this

Early godet types ,but wiht mm L/52

and ps : already sw such the type with L/50 mm ti 8 only unfortunately canot buying )
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                      I believe all Gebr. Godet EKs were made by other makers. This one and most others by CF Zimmermann, and a few by Mayer.

I fully agree

Regards
                      Jarek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X