Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did this War Merit Cross sell so high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did this War Merit Cross sell so high?

Just closed today on eBay. Is there something I'm missing?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-GE...vip=true&rt=nc

Or this one

cheers
    Peter
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
      Or this one

cheers
      Peter
      Totenkopf of the Grand Cross Of...Something...

Looks like these went up...
      Attached Files

Comment

Any of the following:
        1) shill bidding
        2) morons
        3) uneducated, thinking anything with a swaz is worth a fortune

best
        H
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I heard that it was sifted out of Hitler's ashes by the seller's grandfather who was a nine star general in the KGB and subsequently smuggled out of Russia wrapped in a pair of Eva's undies when he defected to the West after Stalin's death. Charlie Snyder--a nine star general in the Turkish Air Force at the time--helped him cross over to the West and kept the undies as payment. More rare items from his KGB trunk will soon be inflicted upon...I mean made available to the collector community.

Anyway, always buy the story, never pay attention to the item itself, that's just good business in this hobby. Right?

Z

Comment

ZacharyB, where you already a collector when he was selling the "keys to Dachau"?

That was a hoot.

Truth be told I got a couple good items from him at the Greenbelt Armory shows back in 1990 or 91, but they were pretty mainstream pieces and have stood the test of time. I stayed away from his crazy story fantasy stuff.

Comment

Halfwits of ebay!!!

Here was my original thread I made on an SS pin someone was selling on Ebay as well as an KVK. ENJOY!!!

Thanks, Martin

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=956012

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                I heard that it was sifted out of Hitler's ashes by the seller's grandfather who was a nine star general in the KGB and subsequently smuggled out of Russia wrapped in a pair of Eva's undies when he defected to the West after Stalin's death. Charlie Snyder--a nine star general in the Turkish Air Force at the time--helped him cross over to the West and kept the undies as payment. More rare items from his KGB trunk will soon be inflicted upon...I mean made available to the collector community.

Anyway, always buy the story, never pay attention to the item itself, that's just good business in this hobby. Right?

Z
                lol
                Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Read this explanation this morning when I couldn't reply. Very very funny. All those 9 star generals

Comment

Thank you ZacharyB, I have had a good time with your stories, lol.

Comment

Keys to Dachau. Wow. No, I met ole Charlie at a gun show many moons ago. One word sticks in my mind about that encounter "Dick"

I heard about the Eva underwear crap later on from a buddy of mine but must have missed the keys to Dachau. Again, that word keeps coming to mind as I think of ole Charlie--dick.

May the God of Collectors smite his soul with zinc pest.

Keep Well,

Z

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                      ZacharyB, where you already a collector when he was selling the "keys to Dachau"?

That was a hoot.

Truth be told I got a couple good items from him at the Greenbelt Armory shows back in 1990 or 91, but they were pretty mainstream pieces and have stood the test of time. I stayed away from his crazy story fantasy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GRENAIDER View Post
                        Here was my original thread I made on an SS pin someone was selling on Ebay as well as an KVK. ENJOY!!!

Thanks, Martin

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=956012
                        I was going to post that one last night! I thought it was hilarious. So many markings on such a small pin. "It has all these cool markings, it must be legit".

No, the faker has put all those on there to get idiots attracted.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                          Keys to Dachau. Wow. No, I met ole Charlie at a gun show many moons ago. One word sticks in my mind about that encounter "Dick"

I heard about the Eva underwear crap later on from a buddy of mine but must have missed the keys to Dachau. Again, that word keeps coming to mind as I think of ole Charlie--dick.

May the God of Collectors smite his soul with zinc pest.

Keep Well,

Z
                          Funny, he was always nice to me. It could have been that I was so young (20-21) or that we had military service in common. I don't know, but he was nice to me the way I'd try to be nice to a young collector myself now.

However, like I said, I only bought very mainstream items that could be easily validated. I saw some of his fantasy stuff and even as young as I was my BS meter was pegging the needle.

Comment

I think I called "BS" on some items he had and the stories that went with them. He got a little...well...dickish about it.

Z

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                            Funny, he was always nice to me. It could have been that I was so young (20-21) or that we had military service in common. I don't know, but he was nice to me the way I'd try to be nice to a young collector myself now.

However, like I said, I only bought very mainstream items that could be easily validated. I saw some of his fantasy stuff and even as young as I was my BS meter was pegging the needle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W. View Post
                              Just closed today on eBay. Is there something I'm missing?
                              I think because German WWII medals are generally banned on eBay, some browsers there have the impression they're extremely rare. If you want one, and you're not plugged in to the hobby, you might think the KVK is a once-a-year opportunity. That would be my guess.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X