No announcement yet.

Spanish Made EK2 or Junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, there are spanish made crosses EK2-1939 that I think are of war-time origin ... of course IMO

Regards
    Jarek
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jarek: Sorry for the dalya (I was on weekend). You're close but not enough (IMO). The ring/öse with a ball form could be a sign of a pre 1945 production (yes). You have some examples here...but not always.

Here you have examples of medals made most probably during the late 40's or early 50's and, as you can see, they wear the same ball ring system.

In my opinion, the ring with its ball form is nothing more than the maker feature. I have to insist that we can suscribe the fact that some EK II "Sapnish made" were produced before May 1945 and the ball ring could be a clue of that, but we must to confirm it.
      Bes Regards
      Ricardo
      Attached Files
      https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

Hi Jarek: Sorry for the delay (I was on weekend). You're close but not enough (IMO). The ring/öse with a ball form could be a sign of a pre 1945 production (yes). You have some examples here...but not always.

Here you have examples of medals made most probably during the late 40's or early 50's and (and maybe 60's or 70's like the "Sufrimientos por la Patria"), as you can see, they wear the same ball ring system.

In my opinion, the ring with its ball form is nothing more than the maker feature. I have to insist that we can suscribe the fact that some EK II "Sapnish made" were produced before May 1945 and the ball ring could be a clue of that, but we must to confirm it.

Best Regards

Ricardo
        Attached Files
        https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

IMO this the spanis made type a original piece

this the pictures a Spanish EK2 collector sent to me already long time ago.

Exist more ribbon ring types solution ( IMO Ricardo is right , possible that the maker too another ) ,but IMO original piece
          Attached Files

Comment

There's no evedence and it's very difficoult to believe that german badges made in Spain before Mai 1945 did exist. I am taking about "mass production" items. Jeweller pieces do exist.
            Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Byakkotai View Post
              Hi Jarek: Sorry for the dalya (I was on weekend). You're close but not enough (IMO). The ring/öse with a ball form could be a sign of a pre 1945 production (yes). You have some examples here...but not always.

Here you have examples of medals made most probably during the late 40's or early 50's and, as you can see, they wear the same ball ring system.

(...)
              Bes Regards
              Ricardo
              You are right, but my conclusion concerned only the decoration EK2-1939 spanish made - IMO this type of spanish made EK2-1939 is war-time, but of course there is no hard evidence. Only the big rareness of occurrence of this type of crosses rather confirms this.

Regards
              Jarek

Comment

Rareness can't confirm anything, Jarek. I can show you eks rarer than yours made in Spain in the sixties or seventies. Mass produced german badges made in Spain before mai 45 haven't beem found in the researches of a lot of spanish authors during decades. So it's quite difficoult that cast iron proofs appeared to support your thesis in the future, but.... maybe
                Anycase, made in 1945 or several years before, these pieces made for former Blue Division members, are rarer, more expensive and more desiderable items than the regular badges made during the war.
                Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X