German Cross in Gold With Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold With Document

I found this at a local antique shop. The pair is in a frame so I cant pull out the cross to check the back. The guy wants 900.00 for the pair and these were awarded to the same man...you hope. From what I could tell , the medal itself would be a good deal comparing to dealers sites prices. Let me know if you think the medal and document looks genuine!!
    Attached Files

more...
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I should of taken pictures of the whole framed set. It shows the man who got the award during WW2 and then postwar as well. The postwar photo of him is signed.

Comment

German cross

The document is a fake, not even close. Do you have Deitrichs book on German crosses and award documents? Can’t speak for the medal ,but the document is just pure fantasy. The paper may have been good, but someone ruined it by a crude attempt to fill in the blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by michael leone View Post
            The document is a fake, not even close. Do you have Deitrichs book on German crosses and award documents? Can’t speak for the medal ,but the document is just pure fantasy. The paper may have been good, but someone ruined it by a crude attempt to fill in the blanks.
            Agree - that doc is one of the WORST I've seen in my fledgling years of collecting. ("Oberstleutnant Bundeswehr"? Sure - a postwar designation on a 3rd Reich document? The designation below X'ed out? bad, bad, BAD)

I'd be more than willing to bet the cross is bad too.

best
            H
            Last edited by Hank C.; 03-19-2018, 07:55 PM. Reason: more info
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Yes , I saw the Bundswehr and thought maybe later he typed that part in? Haha, ya just doesn't make sense. I thought maybe the cross had a chance and I would take it out of the frame. 900.00 would still be a good deal for that cross but why would someone go to all that trouble and put a fake document with a genuine cross?

Comment

Don't like the 1941 date, so would say the medal is bad......The rays also lack the high recess of an original.....Bodes

Comment

Well that settles it!!! Not worth squat!!! Thanks guys for the help!!

Comment

"Bundeswehr" had me laughing out loud. No way would the Bundeswehr officially fill out a period document with the swastika.

I also agree with bodes' critique of the medal itself.

Comment

Cross is an ugly fake.
                      https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

Cross is not good IMO
                        Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Both cross and document are fake IMO

Andy

Comment

This funny "document" was made by a a person who does not have basic knowledge about German language and period realities

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X