tiny ek 2 spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiny ek 2 spange

saw this today and thought it was neat..tiny little spange held on by two brass prongs on a length of first world war ek ribbon. where would this small a size go? ...too big for a ribbon bar..
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kurskss
    saw this today and thought it was neat..tiny little spange held on by two brass prongs on a length of first world war ek ribbon. where would this small a size go? ...too big for a ribbon bar..
    note that it is not quite finished in the wing area.
    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
          Also, is it "curved" at all, like vaulted??
          yes,it is slightly vaulted,and what the scan may not show is the great polished highlights especially on the swastika and numerals.panzerman,picked it up yesterday along with a police ribbon bar.i dare not bend those prongs back, but from what i can see( through manipulation of the ribbon..)there are no markings underneath.any ideas of the pupose of this size?
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, for one thing it would help if you would TELL us how big it is, instead of leaving us to guess at its proportion to a ?15mm or ?25mm wide ribbon!

It is certainly the product of Otto Schickle (thanks to Gordon Williamson's discovery of an original June 1940 sales catalog), with the side behind the head not cut out. 12mm x 12mm was their stock number 1020, while 8mm by 8mm was stock number 1021. You've got a 1020 from the wings detail. I posted a pair of these, one of each, identical ribbon bars from the same wearer, but have been unable to find it in the back pages. If I can find the link, I'll put it in. (The search function seems increasing random/erratic.)

The #1020 was used on standard 15mm wide ribbon bars. My #1021 is on a 15mm wide but half height style ribbon bar, which-- tiny as it is-- it fills up nicely.

Comment

Here's my 8.6mm. I just love the details of tiny ones

KR
              Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J.
                Here's my 8.6mm. I just love the details of tiny ones

KR
                Peter
                rr yes,it would help!...it is a 12mmx12mm
                1020.interesting.it would be great to see the pics of one attached to a bar.this came on the same day with a job lot of German badges to include(i kid you not...) 83 ek1's and 2's. all came from a former surplus store in toronto that closed last year after 75 yrs. in the business.the old boy who ran it would just throw all the German items into a bin as the surplus came in.i guess he was an early collector!my partner and i missed out on all the helmets and higher end items as we found out about it too late.the insignia horde is incredible.here's just a scoop from the box
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X