Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange RK Jump Ring

Good afternoon gents,

I received this pic today and in looking at his cross closely I realized his Jump Ring is not the standard style that we see accompanying crosses from the known makers.

A friend and fellow WAF member told me he has a wartime pic of his RK winner wearing a similar, but wider style of single-strand ring.

The Oberfeldwebel in this pic is Alfred Tykiel and his RK was awarded on 6 Aug 41, so reasonably early relatively speaking.

Can any of you shed light on this strange ring and why some guys went with a non-standard one when what they were presented would have been just fine? Also, can anybody pin down with a reasonable degree of certainty who the maker of his cross could be? It smells a little like a Juncker to me.

Thanks in advance for your comments and have a great weekend!

vr

Bob

Attached Files

Comment

My guess is that it was just the holder’s matter of taste, or perhaps for practical reasons. This loop looks a bit longer, which makes the ribbon run easier through it. There were OL winners who lengthen the loop on the OLs, too. And Swords holders. Juncker made cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
        My guess is that it was just the holder’s matter of taste, or perhaps for practical reasons. This loop looks a bit longer, which makes the ribbon run easier through it. There were OL winners who lengthen the loop on the OLs, too. And Swords holders. Juncker made cross.
        Thanks Ludi! Appreciate you commenting.

Anybody else?

Regards!

Bob
        Last edited by Waffenreich; 03-17-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X