No announcement yet.

Fake RK with Oaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, hold your horses, Patrick! I was ironic/sarcastic. Not with you, but to all the... uhmm... strange comments on the Langemarck deal. I am happy on any fellow collector´s behalf, when a good nice find turns up. Bargain price – even better!
    And what the unproper (improper?) sum concerns, I didn´t bother to count. That was not the final point.
    I am not envious! I am happy for you! OK? I do not think you have done something dishonest here!
    Guess I have to learn to be more strict and clear and not so ironic, in the future

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
    Ludwig

I think your sums are somewhat out- I paid £3300 with commission for this set- I would guess the value to be 3 to 4 times that. Weitze has a Juncker set with same oaks and a nicer 800 marked cross around 19000e and his prices are at the higher end.

I read the Langemarck thread and why would that even be comparable to this purchase unless you think I have done something dishonest? There is a big difference between being highest bidder on an item at a militaria auction and taking advantage of a hired help's mistake and then refusing to make the matter good when made aware of it- A BIG DIFFERENCE.

Comment

I agree to 100 %. Hope I have made it clear by now, that I was ironic!
      And not against Patrick W.
      Now and then I make some really nice business myself, so why shouldn´t other people be allowed to? I am not an envious person

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
      Well... there might be a issue between the
      the auction house and the seller. But not me to judge.
      It’s was a auction not Patrick’s problem that the other bidders
      and auction house did not do there homework.
      Just Patrick’s luck, fair game, can’t see why anyone
      would feel otherwise.

BR
      Nicolai

Comment

Fantastic result, well done

There’s not many of these stories anymore

Lee

Comment

Thanks all- there is nothing scratched on the back of the oaks, just some light contact marks

Ludwig- no worries, I wasn't sure what you were getting at, so maybe jumped a bit quickly- all good.

Here are some better pictures of the oaks- they are tough to photograph due to the patina. They seem to have all the flaws and construction traits of a genuine set of Juncker oaks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

---
              Attached Files

Comment

Patrick - Congratulations on this. You work this hobby and pay attention to the purchase opportunities that only the most diligent collectors see. Good for you!

Comment

Great deal Patrick congratz !

Comment

thank you Guys

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                      I agree to 100 %. Hope I have made it clear by now, that I was ironic!
                      And not against Patrick W.
                      Now and then I make some really nice business myself, so why shouldn´t other people be allowed to? I am not an envious person

Comment

Some will fish in the pond all there life ,and get nothing others may visit a few times and be rewarded . others will gain knowledge with each visit to, maximise the chance of success, and some will win the first and only time they play. congrats on a nice out come , it could have gone either way , a great set just a shame the is no history with it . best Martin

Comment

Congratulations . its good to see that you got a good deal on a KC and oaks . i also lucked out getting a KC on ebay very cheap .

Comment

thanks all, Martin there is a partial story behind it-

A 1939 Knight’s Cross with oak leaves, being an unmarked nickel silver example with iron centre, the silver oak leaves bearing a small “900” silver mark. GC (needs cleaning, the oak leaves tarnished, the cross would originally have been silver plated). Vendor states that the medal was given to a young girl, Coleen, by a German airman who baled out of his stricken aircraft over Woodnesborough in Kent after a raid on Canterbury. The story was related by Coleen to the vendor, her neighbour for many years, the medal being given to him on Coleen’s death by her husband, who died earlier this year. Accompanying the medal is a postcard sized photograph of Coleen as a very young child

Unfortunately I haven't been able to work out who the pilot might be- I had a look through all 1940 and 1941 oakleaves recipients but couldn't find any that were made POW later in the war.

Comment

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...er_Jagdflieger

I also looked through all Oakleaves recipients. There is none that would fit the story. It would also be an awardee for the Oakleaves prior to March/April 1941. There are not too many, 11 to be accurate.
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Congrats once again Patrick, very nice indeed...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X