WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General der Infanterie Waldermar Erfurth - DK Recipient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General der Infanterie Waldermar Erfurth - DK Recipient?

Hello -

Can anyone confirm that GdI Erfurth was the recipient of the German Cross, and if so, was it in Silver?

Thanks,

Don

Don - According to my records he was not a DK recipient, Silver or Gold.

B

Comment

Thanks, Brian - I saw several photos attributed as being to Erfurth but that particular general had the DK.

Don

Comment

Hi Don,
        My research show also he was not a DK recipient, Silver or Gold.
        Can you show us photos from him with DK?
        Best regards
        Winfried

Comment

Here are two from a Finnish site. It may well just be a doppelganger, but the GO in question is identified as Erfurth. There are about a dozen photos of this officer wearing the DK, and dozens more of a guy who looks just like him without it but wearing the breast star of the Cross of Liberty.

Don
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DonC; 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

A formal portrait of Erfurth:
            Attached Files

Comment

Yup, that sure does look like him. I don't see any reference that has him as a DK recipient. That said, either he is wearing one that was not authorized or available records are incomplete.

Great pictures, nonetheless!!!

Comment

I can not currently find him, however if he does have a German Cross it would be the Silver version.....he does not wear any Spange for the EK but does have KVK.

He was holder of the
                Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern anyway.

- Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern: am 08.11.1944 als General der Infanterie und Deutscher General im finnischen Hauptquartier
                - RK des Kgl. Preuss. Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern: 07.11.1916
                - 1914 EK I
                - 1914 EK II
                - Kgl. Bayer. Militär-Verdienstorden III. Klasse mit Schwertern
                - RK I. Klasse des Kgl. Sächs. Albrechts-Orden mit Schwertern
                - Grossherzoglich Mecklenburg-Schwerinsches Militär-Verdienstkreuz II. Klasse
                - Braunschweigisches Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse
                - Lübeckisches Hanseatenkreuz
                - k.u.k. Österr. Orden der Eisernern Krone III. Klasse mit der Kriegsdekoration
                - k.u.k. Österr. Militär-Verdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit der Kriegsdekoration
                - Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond
                - Kgl. Bulgar. Tapferkeitsorden IV. Klasse, I. Stufe
                - Kgl. Preuss. Dienstauszeichnungskreuz
                - Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer
                - Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung IV. bis I. Klasse
                - Finn. Freiheitskreuz I. Klasse mit Stern und Schwertern: 16.09.1941
                - Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. bis I. Klasse mit Schwerten
                - Grosskreuz des Ordens der weissen Rose von Finnland mit Schwertern und Bruststern
                - Goldenes Verdienstmedaille des Finn. Freiheitskreuzes: 13.06.1944

/Ian
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I tend to think it is him, but it's odd that such a high-ranking general would not have it recorded. None of the sources I have looked at show him with the DKiS.

Thanks, all, for the input.

Don

Comment

Waldermar Erfurth was awarded the DKiS 20.04.1943 as General der Infanterie und Deutscher General im Finischen Hauptquartier

Comment

Is there an available resource that shows that?

Thanks, guys, for all the help!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                        I tend to think it is him, but it's odd that such a high-ranking general would not have it recorded. None of the sources I have looked at show him with the DKiS.

Thanks, all, for the input.

Don
                        Known lists for the German Cross in Silver are very incomplete.....

/Ian
                        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I scanned these data years ago, and entered them in a spreadsheet. My source was mainly the books by Patzwall / Scherzer. Don't have them where I am now, but perhaps someone else could check.

https://www.vdmedien24.de/Patzwall-/...Inhaber-Band-1

Comment

Just checked the RK KvK thread on AHF, he is also mentioned there:

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...632787#p632787

Comment

Thanks very much - was not aware of your work - very useful!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X