Oakleaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakleaves

Hello all. I have two questions I want to ask everyone and hopefully you guys can help. I am currently looking for a Knights cross with diamonds attributed. I have heard of post war examples that used the original pieces to complete and if I am correct were they made by Otto Klein? I am looking to buy one however where do I start and who do I contact?

My other question is are there any Diamond rk leaves in private collections and if I am correct do they bring over $40k plus. This is just a curious question but I can only assume they are all in a museum. Martin.

A fake set of OLS&D are for sale at: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=939228

Enjoy the hobby, Keith

Comment

Originally posted by GRENAIDER View Post
      My other question is are there any Diamond rk leaves in private collections and if I am correct do they bring over $40k plus. This is just a curious question but I can only assume they are all in a museum. Martin.
      There are, but the owners do not advertise. Start at $200K and go up.

Comment

Hello all. I have two questions I want to ask everyone and hopefully you guys can help. I am currently looking for a Knights cross with diamonds attributed. I have heard of post war examples that used the original pieces to complete and if I am correct were they made by Otto Klein? I am looking to buy one however where do I start and who do I contact?

Are you looking for a real diamond set to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
          If the question is if the value is over 40k i don't think there is a serious intention to buy

Comment

I think a B set sold for 150k+, the platinum pieces are going for a lot more then that.
            I would just buy a nice attributed Knights cross, way more bang for your buck,

Comment

Oak leaves

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post

Chances are I will never find one and if I ever did, the value they are worth I could do a lot more with the money than buy something so rare only a few collectors have ever examined. I only asked since I am curious their soul value is. I have however contacted a dealer who can help me with a postwar set and I will post it on the forum if he sends the pictures with price. Martin
              Last edited by GRENAIDER; 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
                If the question is if the value is over 40k i don't think there is a serious intention to buy

Well I don't want to lose a limb when someone opens my credit bill and sees I have spent $200k plus so the postwar is the next best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post
                  I think a B set sold for 150k+, the platinum pieces are going for a lot more then that.

I would just buy a nice attributed Knights cross, way more bang for your buck,

I would have to agree with you. It's a better investment and a popular item too. With the oak leaves I could buy one and there is a good amount of risk they can be fake. Martin

Comment

... and there is a good amount of risk they can be fake. Martin
                    Yes, that risk is certainly present! But not for everybody. Living is learning!
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X