X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounder RK

These photos are courtesy Tiger 1

It is a long time coming.
    Tony was kind enough to send these to me so I could scan and post them.
    Sorry it took so long, but here they are.
    Two rounders to view and discuss.
    I hope we have a good discussion with lots of light and little heat.
    Gentlemen, please observe and comment, but remain in your corners! (I couldn't resist that little pun!)

These are nice large scans of high-qualty pics. I hope you enjoy.

Rounder from Tony:

This Rounder is believed to be on page 337 of Gordon Williamson's book:

Well nice pics Marc .. but I can see it coming already .. so as they say ...

IBTL

Comment

Darrel,

I hear you man. I already have my Flak vest on. I am HOPING that EVERYONE will be an adult.

What I would like to see is some photoshop magic comparing dates...

Marc

Comment

Not an expert, but they are nice. It will be interesting to see what people have to say about the medals.

Comment

Everyone will be an adult, or else.
          George

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88
            What I would like to see is some photoshop magic comparing dates...
            Marc
            Hi Marc...

Are you talking about comparing the dates of these two rounders...or the dates of many and varied RK with the dates of these two rounders....and what are you hoping that might indicate??

We already know they are quality made....

I would expect that if you want the usual players to re-enter this old and contentious discussion, it would be an idea to specify a direction of analysis, rather than hope for mere 'discussion'....

Civility is no longer possible between some of the main protagonists, so be a little more specific if you're onto something with the dates....and they may just play...

Best

Marshall (Adult... )

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-23-2005, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I havent invested much time in research of KCs. Its always been a given that these must meet high standards as long as I can remember. I examined a rounder at the 2003 MAX that belonged to DaveJ of this forum.I really liked it just the feel of it and the quality. I saw several fake RKs at the SOS that didnt come close to the rounder. I think that they are real.But I have nothing to base that on other than thos in the photos and the one I held.Wouldnt even mind owning one.

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-23-2005, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Interesting note

I just sent Dietrich some photos of my rounder and if he wishes to post them here he may. What I found interesting is that if one looks at the 9 o'clock arm at the lower beaded edge one will see some little beads of metal. I never noticed these on mine until I saw these close ups and they stood out as bright white dots. These are on the outer edge of the beading near the corner. The first one is four beads out as counted from the outside and the second is between bead five and six. My cross has more patina ( ok, tarnish) but looking under a loop I have the same litttle metal beads on mine in the exact same place. My camera is not good enough to capture the image. I wonder if these are on other rounders? Certainly this is no proof for or against them being period pieces just speaks to a common origin.
                    Mike Coleman

Comment

the first cross is the nicest rounder i have ever seen!

Comment

Jim - there is "heated" discourse over the validity of the rounder RK. Some posit it was made by Maybauer, but we still chase for the truth.

Marshall - I would like someone with graphic accumen to take the date and do a side-by-side of Maybauer, or and other RK/EK they think there is close association with. I am looking to again raise the issue as we always get new members and maybe someone has something to add. But basically, I want to show these pics to add to the "pool" so we have more to go on. The more we see the better.

All - I am STILL waiting for my infra-red research to come back. I was away at a conference all week, so hopefully today I can call them and see what the holdup is.

Thanks,
                        Marc

Comment

My thanks to the member who sent these to me. Can I ask someone to do a composit of the dates of the three we have listed here? Maybe Peter?

Regards,
                          Marc

Comment

A COA from Thomas Hoff is even worse than a COA from Nimmergut and that is really an achievement!

What's the date on the COA?

However, there is an article in the German Militaria Magazine that states that the Rounder is made by Zimmermann. I did post this once.

I have several COA's from Nimmergut regarding the Rounder, all positive. One COA even states that the Rounder is the "second Model from S&L".

Confusion reigns! However, I'm convinced they are the real deal!

Dietrich

P.S.: No need to do a composite of the dates. The closet comparison to the Rounder-date is the early first model zinc core from Juncker.
                            Last edited by Dietrich; 03-21-2005, 10:11 AM.
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Nice eye openner to see my 'rounder' on the big screen! Thanks for posting it Marc.

Thanks Stefan for the nice comment! I like it a lot too!

Anyway there it is. I've had my Wheaties and have put on my Kevlar shorts so fire away!

Tony
                              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X