• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knigh Cross..is it good?

[ATTACH]3964269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3964270[/ATTACH]

Knigh Cross..is it good?

A friend of mine has a change to buy this KC and asked me to put the KC for an opinion here on this Forum. These are the pictures he send me.
    I know nothing about this KC.....just helping out! I hope they are good enough to judge, weather the KC is good or bad?
    The core is magnetic!

KC S&L 800 (3).jpg

KC S&L 800 (4).jpg

Comment

Original S&L

Comment

Originally posted by FrankS View Post
        Original S&L
        Thanks ...FrankS

Maybe some one else has an opinion about this Knight´s Cross?

Comment

What a lovely cross. I've never owned an RK, but if I ever chose to purchase one, I would seek out an example such as this. It has a fantastic "been there" look to it and I very much admire the daily wear ribbon setup.

Best,

Z

Comment

yes a S&L in pretty bad condition !

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. I know now it is an original S&L, but is it made for or after 1945?

Comment

Wartime micro 800.
                There are already signs of the die flaw but in an early stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
                  Wartime micro 800.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
                    Wartime micro 800.

I did some more research and to my surprise, I find these old threads in this forum..... about the same RK related to the owner, Major Robert Kowalewski. Maybe this also explains the early stage of the die flaw you mentioned. He was awarded for the Ritterkreuz in November 24th, 1940.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ki#post5551804

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ert+Kowalewski

Comment

The Ritterkreuz shown in this post is a nice original S&L cross.

In my opinion the photo of Kowalewski shows him wearing a different Ritterkreuz. It looks like a Junckers Ritterkreuz - which would match the award date of November 1940.

The award date November 1940 is not matching the slightly flawed S&L Ritterkreuz shown in this post. Maybe the S&L Ritterkreuz was a later replacement cross of Kowalewski.

Comment

Most likely taken off a Wehrmacht HEER or SS soldier that wore this beauty on the field of combat...LOVELY piece of HISTORY !!! Billbert
                        Last edited by billbert; 11-15-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Original and very nice and interesting! Much nicer than a mint cross, IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X