• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Souval KC/OAKS AND GC

Hi Forum

Will like to show:

Have just found this KC / Oaks set. I think both KC and Oaks are
    the very early postwar type. Non magnetic.

Also a very nice L/58 GC I purchased some time back.

BR
    Nicolai
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nicolai,

fantastic crosses. i like them very much and even have a few of them myself
        The RK‘s with an unmagnetic core are the earliest postwar made crosses by Souval dating back to the late 1940‘s. They are rare to find. The frosted finish is just beautiful. The oaks are the early solid type as well. Later pieces were made half hollow.
        Is the GC unmagnetic too ?

Best regards,
        Alex

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Alex

The GC is magnetic

BR
          Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
            Thanks Alex

The GC is magnetic

BR
            Nicolai
            Here is my unmagnetic Souval RK with OLS to compare. It came as a British vet bring-back together as a set with it‘s „bigger“ Grand Cross brother; also unmagnetic.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great looking postwar set. Very fine examples

Comment

Early Souval KC/OAKS AND GC

Could someone please explain why these crosses were produced postwar with the swastica? Just need some information because Im not familiar with crosses . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post
                  Here is my unmagnetic Souval RK with OLS to compare. It came as a British vet bring-back together as a set with it‘s „bigger“ Grand Cross brother; also unmagnetic.

Hi Alex,

I own also an non magnetic Grandcross from Souval, I guess theese are also the early, am I right?

Thanks

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
                    Hi Alex,

I own also an non magnetic Grandcross from Souval, I guess theese are also the early, am I right?

Thanks

Matt
                    Hi Matt,

Correct, the non magnetic Souval RK‘s & GK‘s are their earliest postwar variants. They are very uncommon to find, especially as a GK. Please show some pics, I’d love to see another one

Regards,
                    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

ok, I will do so when I am back at home.

It is a sample with a golden frame, even if it is a fake, from my point it looks really great.

Matt

Comment

OK, here we are, I know, the pictures are for sure not the best, it is around 9.30 here and very dark outsie, will try to get better ones maybe later on this day.

Anyway, the piece itself has a non magnetic core, I am glad to hear that theese pieces are the early ones, did not recognize this befor.

Matt
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think theese pictures here are better then the first ones I´ve posted.

Matt
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Matt,

thanks for the pics. You are showing an interesting cross, however it is not a Souval made cross. The ring on Souval made Gk‘s does not dip into the frame, also the number design is entirely different to the Souval style.

Is the swastika at the same hight as the frame ? How much does your GK weigh ? Better pics of the numbers would make it easier to determine as to who made this cross.

Regards,
                            Alex

Comment

Ok, thanks for this, I will try to make better pictures tomorow morning, I have also a second one from Souval and another one from, for me, an unknown maker , will try to post pictures tomorow, for this piece here, the swatz is a little bit below the hight of the frame.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X