Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron cross ist class marked 26

Hi

I hope the photographs will now show the Iron Cross example I have. It is marked 26 to the thick pin at the back and is a little rough. The story goes it was taken from a prisoner and defaced as shown by the grandfather of the previous owner, removing the central section and scratching the finish, I cannot verify the story. I would like to know if it is a real example as I am considering selling it.

Thanks for the help

Ray

Can't see anything...

Comment

[QUOTE=HINES1968;7977497]Hi

I hope the photographs will now show the Iron Cross example I have. It is marked 26 to the thick pin at the back and is a little rough. The story goes it was taken from a prisoner and defaced as shown by the grandfather of the previous owner, removing the central section and scratching the finish, I cannot verify the story. I would like to know if it is a real example as I am considering selling it.

Thanks for the help

Ray
      https://www.flickr.com/gp/140578242@N08/gq2539

Comment

It could very well be an original Mayer. The photos aren't really that good to be absolutely certain. The reverse pin setup looks good, good maker mark, date on obverse looks right. It's beat up pretty badly. I won't stamp it with an approval yet, neither will I condemn it.

Robert

Comment

Extra photos iron cross

Hi

Here are some more images which i hope are of better quality.

Regards
          Ray

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5FZtbq

Comment

Please post the pictures on the forum rather that through a wasting site so that we can all see them and so they stay on the forum for future reference.

Thanks

James
            Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
            Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
            Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Hi Ray, by "removing the central section" you mean removing the Swastika/Hakenkreuz? The political correctness and censorship going on in Europe now is not a good thing. Some Iron Crosses had a hollow core. When one Swastika was removed another appeard. I think your Iron Cross is a good one. Please take better photos in your window or outside just to be sure.

Peter

Comment

Here are two photos of the cross. I helped Ray by uploading them here. Ray is a new member after all. I think the cross is fine.

Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X