CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWII awards directly from the family of the owner: expert comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII awards directly from the family of the owner: expert comments?

Hello,

I am a Luftie guy by trade and am mainly interested in the Messerschmitt Me 262 and late war Flugbuch that run into 1945. But a close friend of mine whose grandfather was in the German army fighting in Russia brought me some awards and wanted to know more about them. While I could figure out the award types, I don't know much about details like manufacturer, rarity, condition, etc. of these awards.

Therefore I want to show them here hoping that some of the experts here can tell me more. Here is what I found out so far:

2x Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse WWII EKI: I could not find any marker/stamps, so I don't know which manufacturer it was

2x Verwundeten-Abzeichen in Schwarz: one has a different type of pin. Does that tell anything about the manufacturer? Or was it a repair?

2x Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: the material appears to be different with one more copper like and the other more steel (?). Is it the same but from different manufacturers?

1914-1918 Welkriegsehrenkreuz mit Schwertern für Frontkämpfer

1x Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse WWI

Would be grateful to hear your comments.

Thanks,
    Roger

after plugging my PC on a cinema screen I can definately tell you that the EK1 are made by Rudolf Souval/ Wien. I like all of the badges btw.

Comment

Nice badges. If I knew who the family of the soldier that earned the EK2 I have was I would give it back to them. It sometimes makes me feel guilty having it instead of the family of the rightful owner

Comment

The WW I EK II is stamped on the ribbon ring which may indicate the maker.
        Ralph.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all. The marking on the ribbon ring is LV20. Does that refer to the manufacturer?

Can anybody tell me why the Sturmabzeichen are of different material / color? Are these just from two different manufacturers?

My friend is considering to let these awards go. What would be the best place to offer them? I think eBay doesn't allow them.

Here are the photos again but smaller for better viewing:

Comment

bump

Can anybody help? What would be a fair value of these awards?

Comment

You could always go to the militaria dealer sites and see what they are pricing these awards at just to give you an idea of their value. I see a couple of them I wouldn't mind having in my collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X