Vet Acquired Field Made EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vet Acquired Field Made EK1

Please forgive me, as I'm new to this area of collecting. Way back in the day (1960's - 1970's), my dad and I would cover yard sales and flea markets, scooping up all sorts of things. I didn't question a lot then, as the fakes were really easy to spot.

So most of what I had, I stored away until very recently.

I've been trying to study these and learn.

Anyway, this is a field upgraded EK2 to an EK1. While photographing it (again, please forgive my poor photos - need a newer camera), I noticed at the base, an L-55 mark.

All I remember was the vet saying he pulled it off of the uniform of the German soldier.

This was back in the days when not too many people asked the vets who they were and "where" they acquired it.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The L/55 marked EK 2's are quite desirable. While this one looks very good, without 100% provenance on when it was converted, some collectors may see that as a downside, while others won't mind.

I think it's a nice cross. Congrats.

H
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks!

This one I got from the vet - so I've always assumed it was just like it is now, when he took it off of the German. I suppose it's possible the vet did it. This was how I got it from him.

Many thanks!!

Comment

Tom, that is a wonderful cross. Looks like a sturdy conversion.

regards, Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X