• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thank all who have helped me with this item. John

Comment

Originally posted by John W. Krueger View Post
      I thank all who have helped me with this item. John
      Hello John, interested to know your conclusion.
      Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

After closely examining the German Cross and case I believe both are original. The German Cross is a near mint example with no evidence of cleaning. This German Cross came with several other original items that the seller said he bought from a fellow out of a car trunk. Along with the items came a capture paper that doesn't specifically mention the German Cross by name. The capture paper lists "one box of German pins, one box of coins, one German belt, one statue of Hitler". I also have the "statue of Hitler" which is a bust of Hitler by Emil Hub.

Comment

IMO both case and cross look original. There was some thought that perhaps the upper lining in the case had been replaced. As stated, it’s hard to determine without better photos with good lighting. It looks fine to me, but to be 100% certain...better photos.
          For what it’s worth Zimmermann has two types of cases: the ‘standard’, and the ‘luxury’. The luxury type has an extended/thicker upper lining, and padding. Views of both types of these cases shown with crosses I have previously owned...

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X