Greetings from Germany
    Philipp

Originally posted by PhilippR View Post
    I need your help again
    I found this KC online recently!
    What do you guys think about it ?

Greetings from Germany
    Philipp

You should get Dietrich's spiffy new book as a reference. I just got mine and it is amazing; nice to have a reference of this type that is a potent weapon in identifying fakes.

Comment

Not one of the three known maker.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by blind pew View Post
        You should get Dietrich's spiffy new book as a reference. I just got mine and it is amazing; nice to have a reference of this type that is a potent weapon in identifying fakes.

Thank you very much !
        I really need to buy some books.... I will look into these ones. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
          Not one of the three know maker.

Thank you !!!

Comment

KVK Knights Cross

Hi Philip

Is the cross marked to one of the lower arms...should have 900 for silver mark and either 4 for Steinhauer & Luck, 1 for Deschler & Sohn or L/13 for Paul Meybauer.

I think the loop for this kind of award should be of the smooth variety as the ribbed was for the KVK WMC with swords, but not sure.

The rear should have the die flaw in numeral "3" of 1939 and on lower arm, measuring 52.87mm(w) x 58.05mm, weight of 34.5 grams..this is if it is a Deschler one

But the book mentioned is a fantastic wealth of information and great help in this field

All the best
            Dave

Comment

There was no make L/13 for the Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross!
              Original makers were Deschler, Zimmermann, and S&L. Not all Deschler are marked "1".
              Yes, the loop is wrong.
              Only the War Merit Cross with Swords has the flaw in the "3" , not the version w/o Swords. That is a misinformation resulting from an early book which did not really investigate the topic very well.

(You should find that all in my book you have and praise. Pages 307 - 393 ...)
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I have seen a war time illustration with ribbed loop. Just canĀ“t remember where, but it was an newspaper ad...

Comment

That is true. It was in the Uniformen-Markt 1. June 1942. I discuss this in the book. The later (and awarded) versions were however without rips.
                  It is also interesting that the pictured cross is not a Deschler! It could be the same cross type that started this thread. That is why I said "Not one of the three known maker." The date looks fairly similiar! There are at least two unknown maker that can be traced back to pre May 1945.
                  Attached Files
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Reposted photos in order to preserve thread.
                    Attached Files
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Very interesting. My immediate guess was Souval. Can we post a profile shot please?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                        Very interesting. My immediate guess was Souval. Can we post a profile shot please?
                        Hi Tony I was thinking the same thing it looks thick in the middle. Cliff

Comment

Thanks to everyone !!
                          Greetings
                          Philipp

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X