Strange reverse on this EK1, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange reverse on this EK1, opinions?

I'm 99% sure the pin is from a fake, but I have a feeling I've seen this type of reverse plate before on another cross... Curious to what the experts have to say on this!
    Attached Files

missing the picture
    Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
    I'm 99% sure the pin is from a fake, but I have a feeling I've seen this type of reverse plate before on another cross... Curious to what the experts have to say on this!

Comment

The pin reminds me of a pin found on some early Junckers and AWS's from 1914.

Comment

Well, that doesn't surprise me since I have several "denazified Imperial " crosses in my collection. I guess if a denazified '39 wasn't available, they would butcher an '18...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
          I think this is an example of the one you have seen before.........and this is not a fake

post-2879-1182367083.jpg

post-2879-1182367066.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
            I think this is an example of the one you have seen before.........and this is not a fake

[ATTACH]3934046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3934047[/ATTACH]
            This cross is infact my cross, posted on another forum, a long while back, it is a genuine example of an unusual manufacturing process and not a repair, the pin is stamped 800 and also below the catch on the medal, hidden by the pin, it is the best quality ek1 I have in may collection, I have seen another identical example being sold on a dealers site so there are more than one.

https://postimg.org/image/6kchtl90gb/
            Last edited by dmytro; 10-04-2017, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X