Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some KVKs

Good day folks

Here are some KVKs that have just come my way. I love the one with the orange ribbon. It is stamped 16 (I think, could be 15) on the ring.

Others are marked 11 (top right) and 14 (KVK w/o swords). Is 14 Ochs & Bonn by any chance?

Thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Nice group

Mike

Comment

Here are a few more that I found in the bottom of a box.

Two on the left are maker marked 127.

Are manufacturers of KVK2s etc the same as KVK1?

And another question - what is the best way to remove the verdigris from these without damaging them or should I just leave them?

Many thanks

James
      Attached Files
      Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

This envelope came with the KVKs shown below. Like the KVKs it has seen better days. It is marked Ochs & Bonn. Can I match any of the KVKs to the envelope?

Thanks for your suggestions

James
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JamesT View Post
          Here are a few more that I found in the bottom of a box.

Two on the left are maker marked 127.

Are manufacturers of KVK2s etc the same as KVK1?

And another question - what is the best way to remove the verdigris from these without damaging them or should I just leave them?

Many thanks

James
          Are manufacturers of KVK2s etc the same as KVK1? - Yes, where the Maker Mark is the same (L/11 for instance, on either a KVK1 or KVK2 is same maker). However, there are far more makers of KVK2's than KVK1's.

Best way to get rid of (what appears to be) zinc pest on your crosses is a touch of vaseline rubbed in, I believe. Do a search for "remove zinc pest" or something similar, you should get lots of results.

all the best
          H.
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for your advice Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X