Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Review & opinions

Hí guys
    I found this the cross on a side, IMO this is a unmarked 23 and not Meybauer type .

sorry ,but the pictures not the best ( not the mine)
    What do you think about it ?

Best Regards
    Sanya
    Attached Files

the back side
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO Maybauer

Regards
      Jarek

Comment

here is a Meybauer
        Attached Files

Comment

It's a Meybauer with a 23 frame.

Comment

IMO this is a 23 with Meybauer core & back plate
            Originally posted by Dansson View Post
            It's a Meybauer with a 23 frame.

Comment

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post
              IMO this is a 23 with Meybauer core & back plate
              Sanya,

23 had no license to manufacture the EK1, only the EK2. It's well known that all EK1 with a 23 frame have a Meybauer core and the early Meybauer pin(!).
              Just because the frame is from 23, does not make it a 23(!) but a Meybauer, as everything else is from Meybauer and MEybauer had the license to make the EK1.

Why is it that 23 framed EK2 either have a Meybauer core or a 23 core, but never have we seen a Meybauer frame with a 23 core.

Comment

I agree with you , but possible that 23 maker buying the meybauer parts and he assembled and sold it
                This is not unusual for other manufacturers,

and possible that too exist 23 with Meybausr core too ,just we knows that very little the differt the two inner core type between
                Sanya,

23 had no license to manufacture the EK1, only the EK2. It's well known that all EK1 with a 23 frame have a Meybauer core and the early Meybauer pin(!).
                Just because the frame is from 23, does not make it a 23(!) but a Meybauer, as everything else is from Meybauer and MEybauer had the license to make the EK1.

Why is it that 23 framed EK2 either have a Meybauer core or a 23 core, but never have we seen a Meybauer frame with a 23 core.

Comment

With out proof it's impossible to decide if a 23 or 7.

It's only a particoular cross surely and nice one, if sombody though this is a 23 with semifinished 7 or 7 with 23 frame is only a theory.

Is strange to see the attribution of the crosses one time for frame and others for core to one or another factory, like a answer our aspectative.

My personal opinion.

Comment

Last time I checked 23 had no license for EK1 but only for EK2.

I have got recently a feeling that collectors wish more from reality than they can get. They want and have the will to have more variations while the evidence speaks against it or is insufficient to prove anything. Own wishes makes some close their eyes for coherent observations and empiric studies.

I think it's the other way around, why must I or anyone else prove this is a Meybauer, when it clearly only differs in frame but otherwise is a Meybauer product with setup and core.
                    I think it is time to prove why this isn't a Meybauer if someone claims it isn't a Meybauer!

Comment

Last time I checked 23 had no license for EK1 but only for EK2.

I have got recently a feeling that collectors wish more from reality than they can get. They want and have the will to have more variations while the evidence speaks against it or is insufficient to prove anything. Own wishes makes some close their eyes for coherent observations and empiric studies.

I think it's the other way around, why must I or anyone else prove this is a Meybauer, when it clearly only differs in frame but otherwise is a Meybauer product with setup and core.
                      I think it is time to prove why this isn't a Meybauer if someone claims it isn't a Meybauer!
                      Correct.

For this reason I think the only real Crosses with add value are the stamping core or dimensional variations

Comment

in my opinion, this is the cross as there is that exist evidence that the two manufacturers are in conection with each other
                        and for some reason they have been this the cross so made it
                        as there is no manufacturer marking ,this possible that a emains a perpetual question stay that who did this exactly

Comment

...edit...

...edit...
                          Exactly. I agree 100% with this statement.

best
                          Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hí Daniel
                            I agree with you ,but very lot cross exist which did not meet the requirements, and they are still there ,because the rules have not been respected for any reason.

This the cross only a possible example that have been made interesting pieces .

I agree that not was evidence ,but here is.
                            Probably this the piece could be made by Meybauer ,but why have a 23 frame on the front side and why not used He
                            his own piece and why not common this the type ?

I'm not

"""""" I have got recently a feeling that collectors wish more from reality than they can get. They want and have the will to have more variations while the evidence speaks against it or is insufficient to prove anything. Own wishes makes some close their eyes for coherent observations and empiric studies.""""""

only a collector ,

Respect

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X