Souval EK2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souval EK2 question

Hi I recently posted this EK2 and did not get a clear answer on wether real or fake, I had misread a question and responded incorrectly. I was told however it is a Souval.

Someone asked wether soldered on both sides, I misread and simply responded that it was.

So I'd like to ask if anyone had opinions on this crosses authenticity? It is soldered on only one side, the side with 1813 is not soldered.

Thanks
    Greguploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170718/0c827a9e46573b16b372e8fd187cd0f4.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Souval EK 2

Old B.

I'm the person who asked if the suspension loop on your cross was soldered on only one side because I also have a Souval EK2 that is soldered only on the obverse side. I bought mine from a friend that does estate sales and swap meets
      And he told me he didn't know if it was real or not and we agreed on $40 and I was acceptable to that. I have no idea if these EK's are post war or not and I believe that you're not getting an answer because nobody else can be sure when they were made either. I always assumed that third reich quality control would require the suspension loop to be soldered on both sides but this is purely an assumption. I think of mine as a cross manufactured for the souvenir market with wartime dies and materials but also as a possible last ditch run of EK's, either way I love it because I know for certain that it was made by an a original Third Reich manufacturer and an undeniable part of WW2 history. If the focus for your collection is to have one or many undisputedly original EK2's than I would sell it and buy the crosses that you desire, however if not, I think that the cross that you own is desirable and might just be more scarce than many of the ones that we now know to be of war time manufacture. I doubt if this is of much help
      but perhaps the experienced collectors will read this and help us out. Some experienced collectors avoid the Souval topic and understandably so, but some do not and I hope if possible they will help us out.

Comment

Thanks swjXE. That does help clear things up a bit. I'm going to hold on to this one. Like you I do find value in it knowing it at least was made by a wartime maker with wartime materials.

Thanks
        Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X