Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross Question

Sirs,

I am seeking opinions on the RK pictured here. At first glance, my thought was that it is a repurposed EKII, but I just don't have enough experience with these to say for sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,.

Z
    Attached Files

I can't say for certain, but it appears to be stamped .800 just below the eye.

Thanks,

Z
    Attached Files

Comment

It´s a Knight´s Cross all right, but it´s not original. It´s made to look like a Zimmermann, I guess, but it´s not. Case and bag do not belong to this cross.

Comment

This cross has been flogged all over. It dies not match any of the known original makers.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thank you sirs. A friend emailed me the pictures asking for my thoughts. Apparently, it is for sale or bid on an auction site; though I'm not certain which one. I will advise him to steer clear of this one.

Again, thank you for the opinions.

Kind Regards,

Z

Comment

It is here.... http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lo...3-c-a5740fabe9

Comment

Update: I checked on that auction site. Looks like this RK failed to sell. Good thing the bidders appear to have shown good judgment on this one.

Sadly, I saw quite a few other items that I judged as reproductions as well which did sell for unfortunately high prices. Apparently this auction house is a catch-all mixture of real and reproduction items. I'd imagine their motto is: "Caveat Emptor."

Z

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X