Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(x2) EK2 makers?

Hi,

I would like to know the maker of these EK2 (Round-3 and Schinkel). Could you help me?

(Pictures from my own collection)

Let me know if you need more pictures.

I would like to take the opportunity to ask you about a book. Im looking for a book about the Iron Cross (mainly about EK1 and EK2) with a tons of picures, information of the manufacturers... I've found 3 interesting options, but I would like to know your personal opinion (not only about these 3 books):
    • The Iron Cross of 1939 (Hardcover) by Gordon Williamson LINK
    • The Iron Cross 1. Class First edition. Edition by Dietrich Maerz LINK
    • The Iron Time: A History of the Iron Cross First Edition Edition by Stephen Thomas Previtera LINK

What is the best book about the Iron Cross in your opinion?

Thanks.

George.

Schinkel Deumer and Round 3 was made by Deschler

Comment

Yes would go with that identification .

The books and others :
      The set up and lay out of those 3 books are slightly different . Some have more detail - other better pictures and variations .
      All 3 are good .... the D Maerz book - for me - is slightly better . That is a personal choice .

Note that new information and discoveries/associations are made all the time .
      For that reason all 3 books - and others - will have missing 'amendments' etc . They were more or less up to date at time of printing .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Hanhart View Post
        Schinkel Deumer and Round 3 was made by Deschler
        Thank you so much Hanhart

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
        Yes would go with that identification .

The books and others :
        The set up and lay out of those 3 books are slightly different . Some have more detail - other better pictures and variations .
        All 3 are good .... the D Maerz book - for me - is slightly better . That is a personal choice .

Note that new information and discoveries/associations are made all the time .
        For that reason all 3 books - and others - will have missing 'amendments' etc . They were more or less up to date at time of printing .

Douglas
        I'm doubting between the Gordon Williamson book and the D. Maerz book. As you say, maybe the D. Maerz book is more updated because it was published in 2010. I'll take it into account. Thank you so much for your opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X