DKIG screwback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKIG screwback

Can I please get opinions on this German cross in gold.
    Thanks,
    Jordan
    Attached Files

Last one.
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO seems to have all the characteristics of a Juncker. The date shield, wreath and rivets look good. Screw back has been very well applied. I think its an original cross converted to screw back for wear. I like it.
      Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Original Juncker.
        https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

Very nice original Juncker piece but hard to tell when it was converted. The traces of the missing set up are still visible.
          Kind regards,
          Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Wow... I wonder how often this was done? I've seen holes where the DKiG is on tunics before, but I've never seen this modification on an actual award. I bet this would have been for a senior ranking officer, due to the quality and cost for the modification. This is a beautiful looking example.

Comment

It's a hard one for me, what should the price be for this DK? More or less than a normal unmodified Juncker?

Comment

What would stop it from spinning all day long?

Comment

Being vaulted the ray points would do it.
                  An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Wills View Post
                    It's a hard one for me, what should the price be for this DK? More or less than a normal unmodified Juncker?
                    The price is a difficult one. I collect variants but only factory originals and would pay more for them than this however this is different so really its as much as anyone would be willing to pay? which really doesn't answer your question. I would try the same price for a Juncker or maybe a little less and see who goes for it. If your intention is to sell that is.
                    Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                      Being vaulted the ray points would do it.
                      My original Juncker (pin back) is not vaulted in a way that rotation without anti-rotation device would be avoided. Juncker knew that, too. That is why a (IMHO) early factory-made piece has an anti-rotation pin. Like this one: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=607494

Since it is clear that this one is a privately converted piece and not an original factory-made piece, the price IMHO opinion should reflect that, i.e. it should be lower.
                      B&D PUBLISHING
                      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I agree with Dietrich, lower price. But, the market will decide. Someone might really value a non factory conversion, who knows.
                        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                          What would stop it from spinning all day long?
                          Low activity levels would keep it from spinning.

Comment

The Soviets were pretty active and did not really seem to have any problems with this format of award.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                              I like this original DK, conditions are very good, not common to find without chips.
                              DIfficult to say when was converted...but they have done good job.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X