Unusual Umarked EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Umarked EK2

I'm on a roll here. I have an Un-marked ek2 picked up at a Flea Market in Germany (Baden-Wurtemberg area) by my son 3 years ago. He was proud that he was able to recognize and find me an Iron Cross. As a proud Dad I thanked him for thinking of me.
    Anyway this seemed to me a very odd piece I posted it once before and everyone gave their blessing, but I am still intrigued by this one.

Here are basic front and back shots

Last edited by coastie; 07-22-2007, 11:27 PM.

OOOps .. gotta let people finish what they started
    Last edited by h009291; 02-28-2005, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The unusual part about this cross is that on the left side of frame has been "cut" to make room for the left two arms of the swastika. Also the swastike is bigger and sharply defined and the rise is about 3/4 of the depth of the top of the beading.

Comment

Lastl there are some minor die cracks and flattening along the 3 o'clock arm, and die cracks in other areas, these are between the beads not across them.

Comment

One more thing is the 1939 date close up
          Last edited by coastie; 07-22-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and say it reminds me of a 24, but I'm too lazy tonight to get off my butt and go look.

OK, got off my lazy rear end and looked. Looks like a 24 to me. And as far as the cut outs to fit the swaz, that isn't unusual. It's even done on some RK's.

One thing about 24's, they normally have a very flat finish, just like this.
            Last edited by Jim Baker; 02-28-2005, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
              I'll go out on a limb and say it reminds me of a 24, but I'm too lazy tonight to get off my butt and go look.

If I'm wrong ........ anyone else???
              Do you think it might be a wide frame? I don't know enough about the w/f 24's to determine so.

Comment

Looks to be. See what it measures.

Comment

Looks to be. See what it measures.
                  Compare to my unmarked 24:

Comment

Darrell,

Are the dates real low on your cross??

A 27 will also look like a wide frame at a glance, and do indeed haver a wider frame than other crosses.

Comment

The dates appear to be sharpe and high but not to the top of the beading about half way. A 27 maybe Hmmm, let me dig up a picture archive of a 27 I once had.

Comment

Darrell,

Are the dates real low on your cross??

A 27 will also look like a wide frame at a glance, and do indeed haver a wider frame than other crosses.
                        Give me until about 09:15 PM MST Jim .. I'll have my scanner up and running and be able to get some closer better pics then.

Comment

Here was my first EK2 sold the thing 30 years ago

Comment

The one you show there Chief looks like a 65. What's the maker mark on it??

Maybe on second glance the swaz is too thick...

Comment

The one you show there Chief looks like a 65. What's the maker mark on it??

Maybe on second glance the swaz is too thick...
                              It appeared to be a 27 I had scanned the negative in once and enlarged the mm. When I first had it I didn't know anything about MM this was so good looking that everyone said it had to be a fake. But it could also be a 25

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X