No announcement yet.

RK loop - is it any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this has turned out to be a great thread after a bit of a slow start!
    I measured my loop with the digital micrometers and came up with 20.36mm by 8.62mm by 1.47mm wire diameter. I did not do too bad with the rule! This makes this one of the thinner wires. From the photos I am leaning toward a possible early Juncker. I will try to get a few better photos in the next week to see what you guys think. Is there a size difference in the left hand wound versus the right hand wound loops? Just something to think about.
    Thanks for the help!
    CRBeery

Comment

CR...don't lean too much!!!!

The shortened tips along with the lack of symetry sort of goes against it being Juncker...

R/L wouldn't make a difference.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

The diameter of the wire is too thin and the tips of the loop are tapered more to look like a K&Q with truncated rounded ends. I posted several loops from early junckers and this does not appear to match them. I would like to see the "800" stamp, regardless of the diameter of the wire.

Do you have a close-up of the 800 stamp? Thanks!

Comment

Here's one of the new editions....

I had the privilage of inspecting in hand the loop originally posted and concluded that the information posted here is being very closely noted!

The finish was a bit muddled but it may only be a matter of time before 'they' get this simple bit if 'wire' down to a 't'!!

Here's another being offered....damn the 800 looks familiar
          Last edited by Dave Kane; 12-17-2006, 01:50 PM.
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Interesting

Comment

What is the diameter of the wire on that piece, Dave? There is a gap between the "8" and the "0"s, but the "0" look too boxy and the tips are not finished like a juncker. It does look pretty good, though.

PS- When the hell do I get my official "shadow boy" uniform and taught the secret handshake?

Comment

Agreed Tom...but give it time!

This is featured on Ebay.de and it has a unique 'fingerprint' as in Chet's!
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

A little concerning. Fortunately the dies for the crosses are a little tougher. Thanks goodness for small flaws!

Comment

Many thanks to all of you here for helping me with this piece. I sent it to Dave and he said it is no good. It is great that we have a group where we can do things like this! I know I am not a "regular" on the crosses forum but that did not matter to Dave or any one else. This has been a great thread and very informative. This piece is several years old, I think 3 or 4 minimum. It did orginate in Germany. I will find out more and post it here. It will soon start its new life as a piece of jewelry.

Thanks to ALL,
                    Chet

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X