Prinzen Deumer 4 prong spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prinzen Deumer 4 prong spange

After looking for years I finally able to fill another slot in my collection a Prinzen Deumer 4 prong spange. There are still a couple that I am missing but like everything eventually they will show up. Jim
    Attached Files

A nice addition Jim!
    Congrats!
    Ralph.

Comment

Another great spange to your collection....

Comment

Hi Jim,

Congratulations in filling a hole in your extensive spange collection! To be honest though if some newbie had posted this one instead of you I would have bet my last buck it was a prinzen raptor fake very similar to one I got a few years ago...

Regards

JC

Comment

spange

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
          Hi Jim,

Congratulations in filling a hole in your extensive spange collection! To be honest though if some newbie had posted this one instead of you I would have bet my last buck it was a prinzen raptor fake very similar to one I got a few years ago...

Regards

JC
          I hope not, as I had trouble with the head, but the date box with the leaning "9" makes me believe it is a Deumer. Hopefully someone else will confirm or deny. Jim

Comment

I'm probably out to lunch again but to me it looks a lot more like a raptor fake than a Deumer :"shingled" breast feathering, rounded talons, outlined oakleaves, the "9"s in date, shoulder pads, swaz with lower left top corner etc...

Attached you'll find a family picture of my raptor prinzen, your prinzen and an original 2 clip Deumer prinzen for comparison

Best regards

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

The Spange on the right-hand side doesnot compare
              to the one on the left-hand side, nor the middle one.

The skeletal structure of the wings & the breast feathers
              doesnot match the middle one, nor the left-hand side one.

Ron

Comment

spange

JC thank you and you are right it is a fake. Will return to Weizte. Jim

Comment

it's that deceiving patina, but yes a fake
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                    JC thank you and you are right it is a fake. Will return to Weizte. Jim
                    Sorry to rain on your parade Jim. I hesitated to do so because you're one of the people I look up to for spanges so I was embarassed to second guess you & bring this up but I just couldnt let it go.

Funny you got yours at Weitze's: mine came from the same place...Maybe they get a group discount price from the maker for that crap In all fairness though I must say they didnt give me a hard time about a return/refund; mind you mine was marked with a "0" (zero) on the back that you couldnt see in their pictures because of the folded clips so it made it very obvious something was stinko in the kingdom of Denmark...

Take care

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                      Sorry to rain on your parade Jim. I hesitated to do so because you're one of the people I look up to for spanges so I was embarassed to second guess you & bring this up but I just couldnt let it go.

Funny you got yours at Weitze's: mine came from the same place...Maybe they get a group discount price from the maker for that crap In all fairness though I must say they didnt give me a hard time about a return/refund; mind you mine was marked with a "0" (zero) on the back that you couldnt see in their pictures because of the folded clips so it made it very obvious something was stinko in the kingdom of Denmark...

Take care

JC

JC, everyone makes mistakes once in a while and I hope learns from them, I have and will have to study the fakes (I haven't done this). Jim

Comment

Am I right to assume the 4 prong will be the same basic eagle as the 2 prong ? The subject piece certainly didn't match my 2 pin Prinzen.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X