Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Clasp for review

Hello and Happy New Year,

Would like to have some opinions about this EK2 clasp. To me it looks like Deumer, but second opinion is always welcomed.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

spange

Deumer, Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
          Deumer, Jim
          I agree with Jim.
          Ralph.

Comment

Very nice find my friend!

Regards,
            Nick

Comment

Thank you very much, Jim and Ralph.

Originally posted by Mustangstje View Post
              Very nice find my friend!

Regards,
              Nick
              Thanks mate, it was love at first sight.

Comment

Spange

I agree, great clasp and a nice Deumer!

Comment

Original Deumer... sweet clasp

Comment

I agree with the other members Miro: very nice Deumer EK II spange, probably unmarked like mine. IMO this variant looks to be made of a different metal than most Deumer spanges: its made of nickel-silver instead of silvered tombac (no coppery undertones)

Great bird!

JC

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                        Very nice
                        Thank you Jody, Nightstalker and Daniel!

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                        I agree with the other members Miro: very nice Deumer EK II spange, probably unmarked like mine. IMO this variant looks to be made of a different metal than most Deumer spanges: its made of nickel-silver instead of silvered tombac (no coppery undertones)

Great bird!

JC
                        Yes, definitely looks to be nickel-silver and probably unmarked. Ribbon is attached very tightly, i can raise it by a few milimetres only in the middle, and there looks to be no mark.

Comment

do have a good look under the ribbon i purchased mine from a dealer as unmarked i looked under the ribbon and could not see a makers mark five years later while taking photos to post on wma i decided to take a close up photo of the prongs so i lifted the ribbon up a little higher and to my surprise i noticed a makers mark L/11.

Comment

You may be right Nigel if you can see the back without bending the clips but its risky business to bend these clips...

IMO a lot of the tombac ones are marked but to the best of my knowledge the LDO only came in in 1941 (over a year after the decoration was instituted) so early ones wouldnt be marked and I suspect Miro's version (with the smaller head and thicker body that looks like nickel-silver instead of silvered tombac) is most likely like mine: unmarked.

Mine had a very crappy/damaged ribbon on when I got it so I cut the ribbon off rather than risk breaking a clip. Attached are mine: left is unmarked and right one is marked L/11

Regards

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, precisely. I checked the wreath and date bar reverse, but on upper parts, it was all about bending the prongs or damaging the ribbon. And when I had to choose whether to look for mark, which is very possibly not present, or to leave that nice, apparently genuine buttonhole ribbon as is, I voted for the ribbon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X