Souval KC Group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souval KC Group?

Was given these as partial payment for photographing and cataloguing a large collection, some time back.....I'm not sure if I ever posted them here.

They were professionally mounted on a VERY old piece of velvet-covered, heavy cardboard, which was in ratty shape. I don't know if it was the original display for these, or not.

What appears to be light dust on these is in fact, a sun reflection from a window in my yard.

The Grand Cross and all the KC's are marked "800" and "L/58"...The "L/58" hallmark on the GC is struck upside down. The EK2 is marked "40". They all have iron cores.

Comments are, as always, both welcomed and appreciated....

Grand Cross:

KC - Oaks/Swords:

KC - Oaks:

EK2:

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

I just found that the '40' marking is attributed to Berg & Nolte.

This was the only one in the group that I received that was not mounted to the original board....Perhaps this explains why...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Lovely postwar Souval line up and a nice 40 thrown in.

Comment

Beautiful grouping from the lowest to the highest award alas i am still at the bottom rung but hoping to climb in the future, thanks for showing kevin.

Comment

Nice GC

Comment

Yes all Souval except the EK2

Andy

Comment

Wonderful pieces ! Beautiful quality

Best regards,
              Alex

Comment

That's a beautiful display of crosses you have there. My compliments.

Regards
                Samir

Comment

Wonderful group of Souvals. Thanks for showing.

The RK's look to be the earliest frame types. Quality made.

Ken

Comment

That's pretty spiffy. I've never seen a top to bottom group like that before. Wouldn't Souval be the only maker you could do this with?

Chet
                    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                      That's pretty spiffy. I've never seen a top to bottom group like that before. Wouldn't Souval be the only maker you could do this with?

Chet

You could do this with St&L as well; they also made a nice Grand Cross

Regards,
                      Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex. I did not know that.

Chet
                        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                          Thanks Alex. I did not know that.

Chet

Chet, the Grand Crosses in the front row are all St&L made. The ones in the back are Souval Gk's. Both companies used silver frames, never the less St&L GK's are much heavier than Souvals due to a thicker iron core.
                          The one in the red case is a Souval display piece. It differes from other GK's in a few details. (Unmagnetic core, different black paint, different suspension loop, frosted finish, unmarked, etc.)
                          I recently added another cased 1939 St&L Grand Cross, so the pics are not up to date.

Regards,
                          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post
                            Chet, the Grand Crosses in the front row are all St&L made. The ones in the back are Souval Gk's. Both companies used silver frames, never the less St&L GK's are much heavier than Souvals due to a thicker iron core.
                            The one in the red case is a Souval display piece. It differes from other GK's in a few details. (Unmagnetic core, different black paint, different suspension loop, frosted finish, unmarked, etc.)
                            I recently added another cased 1939 St&L Grand Cross, so the pics are not up to date.

Regards,
                            Alex

WOW !!!!!!! Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X