Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The round 3 is period!

Hi guys

Can anyone identify the maker of these round "3" cores?

Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

That's a great picture

Comment

Great photo. Interesting to note what appear to be differing swastika heights: compare the swaz height of bright center cross and the cross to the left and below it. I assume that's just lighting giving that impression.

Comment

I really like this pictures !

Comment

Nice pic Giel.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice picture Giel

Andy

Comment

Nice pic's. Thanks for showing.

Comment

What a great picture !

Scott ... correctly noted - the height is different on some .
                The tall center might be a pedestaled type ...wonder if more than 1 stamping machine is being used ??

Douglas

Comment

Very cool pic Giel, as a EK nut I love it. Thanks. TPK

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                    Hi guys

Can anyone identify the maker of these round "3" cores?

Giel
                    Nice closeup of this photo from the Deschler factory.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very Interesting picture kevin.

Comment

Norm you spoiled the rest of the fun

I have the complete series of original photographs. They are hair sharp.

An other very interesting one. Would the machine actually say Deschler with only "LER" visible?
                        Attached Files
                        Kind regards,
                        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                          Norm you spoiled the rest of the fun
                          Deschler has been known as the maker of the Round 3 (including the B-Type) for years

Here an old post from 2013:

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          There was a lot of discussion in this thread about whether or not Deschler could be the maker of the Round-3 "thick" version. My friend Fabri has always thought Deschler could be the maker of this cross (and, I think, the "unknown maker" Round-3 EK1, which uses the same frame). I have always disagreed, and my reasons can be read in this thread.

Recently a new book was published in Germany showing photos of the Iron Cross 2. Class production called Die Deschler Fotos. There are some great photos from every stage of the manufacture of the Iron Cross in Deschler's Munich workshop, and the very last photo shows the final product: a Round-3 "thick" version!

So I wanted to jump on here and congratulate Fabri for being correct about this, and also to say that I now do believe that Deschler made five different 1939 Round-3 EKs:
                          1. B-Type (so-called "Schinkel-B") (Deschler frame 1)
                          2. Thick version EK2 (Deschler frame 2)
                          3. Unknown Maker EK1 (Deschler frame 2)
                          4. Traditional Deschler-frame EK2 (Deschler frame 3)
                          5. Traditional Deschler-frame EK1 (Deschler frame 3)

So in my opinion the big, nagging questions of "who made the thick version Round-3 EK2" and "who made the Unknown Maker Round-3 EK1?" both have the same answer: Deschler.
                          Really the most important question you can answer for us with new high-res copies of the Deschler photos is whether or not Deschler could have made a Schinkel?

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          Finally, one more question is raised by Die Deschler Fotos book. The owner of the Deschler company is shown in one photo examining a Schinkel. Why?

It should be noted that the same pin found on Deschler's DKiG and Deschler's "unknown maker" Round-3 EK1 is also found on Schinkels with Deumer's frame and core, which are always called Deumers. But the pin on these examples is not Deumer's pin (although it looks a lot like it).

I will show what I mean. This image shows Deumer's traditional pin on top, and their rarer pin on the bottom. The bottom pin is the identical pin used on Deschler DKiGs and Deschler "unknown maker" Round-3 EK1s:

So let's see that photo in high-res please...

Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Strep

I know the round 3 was attributed to the Deschler firm but I didn't know these pictures were already enlarged to make out the round three was actually produced on them. So sorry I'm running behind.
                            Kind regards,
                            Giel

Comment

The photo in post #12 appears to have a "counter" to the left of the EK press. Would be curious to zoom in on that to see how many had been stamped-out. Of course, it could be a daily or shift total and not a since-the-beginning total, but might still be interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X