front 800 marked RK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front 800 marked RK ?

has anyone ever seen a real or fake RK with the 800 stamp on the front and rear under the hanging ring?

Is this a known fake that has been seen before? Was it assembled with 2 backs?

It was offered to me at a local flea market as a "German medal " for $300 or offer I quickly dismissed it as a fake after looking at the hollow stamped back of the oakleaves/ swords , it is magnetic

I have never heard of a RK with a front 800 stamping, the oakleaves ring is also marked 800

does this have any value at all?
    Last edited by Johndanger; 11-19-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

It is a very nice postwar set from Souval. Souval had no license to produce RK's during the war, but this manufacturer was quite active in the years after the war.

Comment

Nothing to do with this cross, but I have an "A" type S&L RK which was assembled backwards, with the '800' on the front. The "filings" to the inner corners of the frame (to better allow clearance for the swastika - although it's not really needed) are on the back side and the corners on the front, next to the swastika, are not filed.

Comment

Originally posted by Schickle93 View Post
            It is a very nice postwar set from Souval. Souval had no license to produce RK's during the war, but this manufacturer was quite active in the years after the war.
            I may still have a chance to buy it, what is it worth?

Comment

Yes it's a Souval post war set of junk ! I would Never spend $300.00 for it !!!

Comment

As said it´s a postwar made set by Souval.

Andy

Comment

It's a fairly late Souval. I'd have offered the seller $200 for it and no more.
                  There are still plenty of these around. And plenty in collections I'd bet.

Ken

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X