EK1 Recommendation Document for RKT Maj i.G. Haizmann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Recommendation Document for RKT Maj i.G. Haizmann

Although this is a document, I thought EK collectors would appreciate/be interested in seeing a recommendation (and translation) for the EK1. While we tend to think of the EK1 as a lower award, by the recommendation one can see that the person being recommended for the award had to accomplish a lot to be considered worthy of the EK1.

In this case the recommendation is to future RKT Major i.G. Haizmann. Haizmann earned his Knights Cross for actions in the Battle of Kharkov. He was captured at Stalingrad after taking command of remnants of the 9th Flak Division and died in Feb 1943 in captivity.

Gary B
    Attached Files
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Also noteworthy is the length of the recommendation. That translates into a lot of paperwork knowing how many EK1s were awarded.
    Attached Files

Comment

Love it, Gary!! I have a few of these in my book and a few more I will ultimately put on my website. The "why" for the EK2 and EK1 is amongst my favorite in this hobby.

Comment

in the early of the war, all work were made extensively and preciously, but aftertowards, i don't think they still worked like that unless for higher award like DK and RK.

Comment

I agree that the process broke down to an extent as the war progressed. But, the paperwork was processed for many awards, even late in the war, and especially for the EK1 and posthumous awards of both classes.

Comment

Nice to see it again, I was the owner of this piece, do you have the whole group?

Thanks

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

It's always really nice to read the reasons to the awarding of excellence and bravery awards

I wouldn't mind if a separate thread would be made, focusing only on these "awarding reasons".

Comment

Very interesting info !

Comment

Nice information, thank you for showing these papers

/Flemming

Comment

Thanks to all for the comments.

Angel, The group I received has promotion documents as well as some other evaluations/letters etc in it.

Gary B

Comment

When I have it also the Wehrpass was present.

Angel
                      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Wow...no wehrpass present in the group

Comment

I traded this group long time ago in Madrid. For sure comes with this document, some letters, evaluations and the main one was his Wehrpass, really sad that it was split and I don't know why, the value can not be increased too much if split as no major citation comes with it, but....

Angel

Comment

Nice to see one of these .
                            With Dansson on having a separate pinned thread on these .

Douglas

Comment

Earning the EK 1 wash´t a child´s play! Of course it has much to do with your relation to your commanding officer, but still.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X