Russian Propaganda EKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Propaganda EKII

I know nothing about these crosses. Could some one please give me the or on this cross. I know the pictures are not to good.

Any help will be appriciated.
    Attached Files

2:
    Attached Files

Comment

If your cross is genuine, it could be worth a few thousand dollars. For those unfamiliar with this cross, it was made by the Russians for putting on the bodies of dead German soldiers. The inscription on the reverse means "For Robbery and Murder" and was done for propaganda/psychological warfare reasons. The date on a true WW2 Iron Cross 2nd Class should be 1939, so when I saw the date of 1941 my interest was definitely piqued. I hope your cross is one of these, and if it is, congrats.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

In my opinion, and I could be wrong, a poor attempt to copy a rare propaganda cross distributed in very limited numbers by the Russians near Leningrad. Only about 500 were made.

Is this a single piece?? This type of cross has been discussed in other threads.
        Last edited by Jim Baker; 02-14-2005, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Linengrad? Did you mix this up with Woolengrad? or Clothnadorsk?
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

As far as I know only 1st Class versions were ever made. That makes 1 strike for this second class version. Although the Russian made crosses were crude in comparison to the original German Manufactured ones ... this one is a poor attempt of a crude version.

Sorry, but in my opinion ... this one isnt even close

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
              Linengrad? Did you mix this up with Woolengrad? or Clothnadorsk?

Oops.... A minor brain fart.. Corrected.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I don't have a good fealing about this cross either.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X