Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK 3/4 Loop

What's your opinion about this piece? As the seller states see below:

Today I am selling a 100% original Nazi German Knights Cross. This Knights Cross was found using a metal detector in Poland, in the area of Flatow (Złotów), the exact location will be givien to the buyer. In this area fought 15 Lettland Waffen SS Grenadier Division (1st Lativian) .

The Knight Cross is in the condition as it was found. The soldering on the frame has cracked due fact that it was in the ground for over 60 years. The inside of the cross is non-magnetic, in a perfect condition, has only some minimal wear and corrosion on the date "1813". The frame as is a non-silver frame, some corossion mainly due to the fact that it was worn. This is a scarce version of the Knight Cross with a 3/4 ring. It is cataloged in the Niemann "Price Guide Orders and Decorations Germany 1871-1945" on page 477 (version G) and on page 489. During the WW2 the total of 7,365 Knight Cross of the Iron Cross were awarded.

This is a oppotiunity for you to buy the highest German award of the III Reich. It was given for exeptional bravery and to the most famous soldiers of the WW2. It is a guaranteed 100% original example. Today, the market worldwide is flooded with copies and original issues are extremly hard to come by.

A meeting can be arranged to see the cross in person only by serious customers.

Size of the Cross: 52mm x 49mm. Size of the inside: 43mm x 43mm
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It's a real cross, but there's no way the core has not been, at least, repainted (and may not have been "found" with the cross in first place).

Comment

I noticed the core too and it might not have been in the ground with frame,but the questions are many regarding this cross..

Comment

I wrote the seller several months ago, and I still haven´t got any answer to my questions...

Comment

Way overpriced for the condition it is in IMO

Comment

I agree, £4000 is a lot of money...

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post

Comment

It would be interesting to see which member of the 1st Lativian was awarded a 3/4 RK. That may be irrelivant information, of course, as anyone could have been awarded such a cross and have lost it in the area, but I'm assuming that the price is related to the supposed connection with the SS. That core does not add up when compared with the state of the frame. It looks to be unused while the frame looks to have been through Hiroshima.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post
                              I agree !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X