HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Cross in Gold , Opinion please ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold , Opinion please ....

I can buy this DKIG. It is not mint but I like it this way.

What do you tink about this one ??
    Who is the manufacturer and what would be the value ??
    Attached Files

and the back side
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good 2nd model heavy Juncker

Comment

I agree. Juncker's are of course one of the rarer DK's, but in that condition I just don't think it would be for most collectors. I personally like worn DK's too and for that matter most of mine have a scratches and aging and even a few have enamel damage. But, the rarity of the one you are thinking about buying is, I believe, offset more than a bit by the condition. So, IMO the value should be in the $1750 to $2000 range. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure there are those that will think I'm high and those that will think I'm low. Mike

Comment

Thanks guys so far. So badge itself is Original and a junkers one , so that sounds good.
          The condition ..... that is , as Mike already mentioned, everybody's choice.
          Myself, I do not like the SUPER MINT ones. A DKIG with a bit battle damage , looks better

Any other opinions ??

Comment

Any opinion you received would be a personal one. If you like it that is what counts. Mike's comments pretty much sum it up.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Nice DKiG with the been there look

Andy

Comment

I wonder what would bring a DKiG to such state. It would have been exposed to very rough condition (mud, water, ground,...) Were soldiers realy equiped/wearing all their high awards when they went to direct combat which might cause them this damage?

Juncker crosses bring high values, pass 3000 eur when in nice condition but they are also hard to be found with no enamel damamge, cause it is very fragile. As other said, your personal taste dictates what kind of badge you want in your collection. Mint crosses are great. You can display them as your centerpeace. I like them with some patina, usage trace, anything over that (email damage, missing, repaired pin,...) is already too much for me. I think that if you will get this one, soon you will want a better one and you will probably want to sell this one (maybe not). Regarding value of the one you presented,...dammaged badges are realy hard to pass on, expecialy the ones with direct frontal damage, so you realy need to be carefull how much you pay for not to take a big loss when selling them on. Here is how i like them
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gewitter View Post
                      I agree. Juncker's are of course one of the rarer DK's, but in that condition I just don't think it would be for most collectors. I personally like worn DK's too and for that matter most of mine have a scratches and aging and even a few have enamel damage. But, the rarity of the one you are thinking about buying is, I believe, offset more than a bit by the condition. So, IMO the value should be in the $1750 to $2000 range. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure there are those that will think I'm high and those that will think I'm low. Mike
                      Good call.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your repliek.
                        I Will thinking About it what to do....

Comment

I made the decision and bought it.
                          I guess 1000 euros is a reasonable price..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X