No announcement yet.

DKIS "dotted" Zimmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some of the reasons why the "Dotted German Cross" is pre May 1945. There was more evidence published in later issues of the magazine. International Militaria Collector reader just know more ...
    http://bdpublish.com/epages/4d7f6574...nge_ListPrice=
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Going back to my original question, has anyone ever seen a dotted DKiS?

Comment

Originally posted by kpaintner View Post
        Going back to my original question, has anyone ever seen a dotted DKiS?
        Why don't you download the pdf I posted? That would be a great help and would answer a lot of questions. Or conduct a search function in this very forum.
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

It was I that first posted one of these back in 2004. Unfortunately many photos were deleted for a reason, but here that thread is.

A rather humorous thread now that you read it ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=66610

BTW what ever happened to old Tommy anyway? Likely could never get over the fact he was full of Sh!t then as he is now.

Comment

Aahhhh......I remember those discussions almost with a tear in my eye. From vilification to verification.
            The truth is sweet as honey.
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

If it teaches us one thing then it is that it is very important to always have an open mind and continue to research. I thought the Rounder was good and the Dotted DK was a fake. But I was wrong in both cases, but I also got the satisfaction of research and knowledge out of both cases. And now I know instead of "I believe"!
              In this hobby it is far better to say "I don't know ... yet" instead of making one's mind up during the first encounter (and never change it, even when the facts are overwhelming).
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Nice to see that these beauties are now accepted as the correct crosses that they always were.

Comment

I wanted to revive this thread, not for argument, but to ask a question. I will state IMO these dotted Zimms were never awarded during the war, as no known German vet's were awarded one of these types. People far more educated than myself stand by the statement that these are indeed pre-45. So my question is: Would anyone like to take an educated guess as to why the wreath difference? Klein does not have a dotted wreath, so that would kill some theories.

Like I said, not looking to rile feathers, however I am just not convinced these cross's are wartime. For all that's known an enterprising worker could have taken left over parts and redid the die and marked it with his own "trademark" if you will and sold/traded these to allied soldiers.

At best these could have been made close to the bombing of the factory, and for some strange reason a new wreath die cut, and these cross's never made it to the distribution stage. So just some thoughts I had.

Comment

I'll answer with the same reply I had when I was defending these early on, which other maker's had the same precedent with their awards - think numerous Juncker pilot dies, or the late war Schwerin U Boat clasp that had 2 different dies. With these occurred we'll never know, but these are just some other examples during the war.

Originally posted by Bcarver View Post
                    At best these could have been made close to the bombing of the factory, and for some strange reason a new wreath die cut, and these cross's never made it to the distribution stage. So just some thoughts I had.

Comment

Here is mine that I bought recently together with the 2nd class cross of the same person, which there was some debate about the 2nd class being to the same person in another thread.
                      The die flaw can easily be seen too.
                      Alf
                      Attached Files

Comment

More pictures.
                        Alf
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a worn issued dotted DKIG . I particularly love the crimped pin to help keep it securely affixed to the tunic as well as the wear to the high center points of the HK.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...psd4299aed.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps9c94316c.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...psb9b24ec8.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...psca91f6c7.jpg
                          Last edited by DEM; 10-05-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Pre war post war will we ever know for sure. Now I am no expert but they are a beautiful looking cross made to the highest quality. My worry would be that if they are post war or a fantasy piece (so to speak) then we are in big trouble with that sort of quality. Would I buy one if offered probably yes.
                            Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X