Second Class-UB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Class-UB.

Did post it earlier in the thread ''in the neck'' but thanks to ''Douglas 5'' i can post it here for your consideration, my first.
    Attached Files

Nice original Übergrösse.

However if the ring is just bent By accident, bent during the war or after the war to be sold for more money, I don't know.

What I don't like in general is that many of these Übergrösse crosses has started to pop up in lately as "field converted RK's"... because I really doubt that so many who wore a 2nd class around the neck were awarded an ÜG, which itself is already rare and early war.

Might be speculation, but I am really starting to think these ÜG that are "field converted" that pop up in large ammounts as they are 47mm wide and tall, is just a way to squeeze more money out of the buyer just because of its size.

For example, earlier this summer we had on the forum ÜG converted to a "Field RK" but there was several very suspicious things on it, like it was hallmarked 800 and the cross frames were far from being Silver ones.

I hope you didn't pay "extra" for this.
    Unless it's a attributed piece with provence.

Anyway the cross is an original.

Comment

At least the cross and jump ring are not damaged with the squishing of the suspension ring. Nice cross otherwise

Comment

Yes, without super provenance, I would NEVER pay big bucks for one. Tom

Comment

very nice Übergrösse ,but I agree with Dansson

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X