Proof at last, Clint eastwood was right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof at last, Clint eastwood was right

Always tought Clint eastwood had his KvKI upside down in the movie "Where eagles dare" but period pictures don't lie
    Attached Files

That's a nice picture ����

Ps. Clint is always right...

Comment

Originally posted by dansson View Post
      that's a nice picture ����

ps. Clint is always right... Thumbsup
      👍

Comment

Nice picture. Perhaps the LW NCO was the victim of a practical joke. During my Army years, it wasn't unusual to occasionally find an NCO or officer walking around with a piece of insignia turned sideways or upside down by a peer or subordinate when he wasn't looking. Perhaps the NCOs smirking in the background are in on the joke, but we will probably never know the truth.

Not only is Clint always right, he'll shoot you if you tell him he's wrong!
        Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
          Nice picture. Perhaps the LW NCO was the victim of a practical joke. During my Army years, it wasn't unusual to occasionally find an NCO or officer walking around with a piece of insignia turned sideways or upside down by a peer or subordinate when he wasn't looking. Perhaps the NCOs smirking in the background are in on the joke, but we will probably never know the truth.

Not only is Clint always right, he'll shoot you if you tell him he's wrong!
          Dale
          According to the reverse he just received it.
          Attached Files

Comment

miscalled Deutsches verdienstkreuz first class

Comment

Seems to me that who ever awarded the KVK 1 did not want to puncture the jacket, which was not prepped with loops, with the fat blunt ended pin. Therefore, they used a safety pin as a go between. The KVK just hangs loosely on the pin, so it did not really matter which direction its swords were going to end up pointing...
              Last edited by Albert; 08-06-2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Great pictures

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                  Seems to me that who ever awarded the KVK 1 did not want to puncture the jacket, which was not prepped with loops, with the fat blunt ended pin. Therefore, they used a safety pin as a go between. The KVK just hangs loosely on the pin, so it did not really matter which direction its swords were going to end up pointing...
                  A correct observation, IMO!

Comment

Sounds correct to me as well now that we can see the back of the photo. In the US Army, many medals (not badges) are "pinned" on in formation using big document clips to avoid having to puncture the uniform and taking a long time to do it.
                    Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                      one could try to hang it correct imo.

Comment

Looks to me that Clint was neither right nor wrong. He probably had his cross mounted with a screw and it was just spinning around randomly between shots. In this shot swords hilts seems to be located on the let side.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X