Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C.F. Zimmermann EK2 - good, or fake?

Hey guys,

I had posted this EK2 for sale in the E-stand a couple days ago. The buyer claimed it was a fake, pointing me to this thread which has a broken discussion link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=ek2+mm20

Three members posted that the cross in question was a fake. I don't know those members, but I'm certainly not saying they're wrong.

I've already sent a full refund to the member who bought this cross (lucky for me that I had not yet shipped it!), so I'm not posting this in an effort to protect my sale. I just want to know if this cross is a fake or not. I would also like to know WHY this cross is a fake, if it is indeed a fake

All comments and info are welcome, and thanks in advance.....
    Attached Files

C.F. Zimmermann EK2 - good, or fake?

With long ribbon.
    Attached Files

Comment

CF Zimmermann never made EK2.

Comment

It is a very well known "Floch" fake.
        This is the third time I participate in a discussion of the very same cross.

Comment

simply fake.

Comment

OK guys, thanks for the info.

Well, this is the second time I've been "Floched" - the first time was back in 2007, with a Floch EK1. I can spot those very easily now. I wasn't aware of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jt327gir View Post
              ....Well, this is the second time I've been "Floched" - the first time was back in 2007, with a Floch EK1. I can spot those very easily now. I wasn't aware of this one.
              That's because it's not a Floch, but unfortunately still a fake. Sometimes called the 'Stuttgart Fake', the most obvious details are the wide bead step and the 'Souval-like' corners.

Regards - Danny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X