Question about rounder RK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about rounder RK's

here is a rounder RK with an early post war case and sewn ribbon.
    It's accepted today, that these Rk's were made post war. Supposably in Germany some time the 1970's.
    Is it known, if some of these pieces were actually ever owned by vets as replacements similar to some St&L B-type/ Souval RK's ?

Regards,
    Alex
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I know 100% for sure they where never awarded to veterans. They where never alround in the 70s as far as I know.
        They where made in the former eastern bloc, and moved alround by a bunch of fraudulant dealers/collectors. Loads of people got burned on them

Comment

I partly disagree.
          I have one that was a walk in to a shop owned by a friend. A US vet brought in several items and this type of cross was one of the items. This was back in the 1980's,
          It was discussed ad nauseum on the forum.
          Tho it is now deemed to be a reproduction there are a few of us old timers that have pulled them out of the proverbial vet woodwork and not thru dealer/collector channels.
          Be as it may.
          Tony

P.S. If they are currently accepted as repros there should be no reason to believe that they could not have been worn postwar by vets as apparently were some S&L and Souval KCs from that early era.
          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Last thought.
            They were never 'awarded' to veterans. Veterans could buy replacement pieces both with and without the swastikas for crosses lost or misplaced or to comply with the 1957 regulations regarding wartime decorations.

Comment

The ONLY reason why these crosses were made was to fool collectors. Just my personal opinion...

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                I partly disagree.
                I have one that was a walk in to a shop owned by a friend. A US vet brought in several items and this type of cross was one of the items. This was back in the 1980's,
                It was discussed ad nauseum on the forum.
                Tho it is now deemed to be a reproduction there are a few of us old timers that have pulled them out of the proverbial vet woodwork and not thru dealer/collector channels.
                Be as it may.
                Tony

P.S. If they are currently accepted as repros there should be no reason to believe that they could not have been worn postwar by vets as apparently were some S&L and Souval KCs from that early era.
                Thanks for that very interesting info

Regards,
                Alex

Comment

I am a firm believer in the story that they are fakes made in the early 2000s. Everyone must believe whatever they want.

Comment

How can they be made in the early 2000 when I bought mine in 1989? And when I have in my files expertises from Niemann from the 90s stating their originality? They were clearly made in the 70s.

You really need to be more critical about the sources you are getting your opinion from. Sometimes these sources don't want to report the truth but they rather have a hidden agenda.
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I must have confused the new rounder fake with the original fake Rounder crosses.
                      My mistake !

Comment

The "Original Rounder", to avoid any mix-up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I suppose we should all be our own 'expert'.
                          In other words....Who gives a sh!t.
                          Collect what you like.

Comment

Tony,

as long as one knows what it is. And the Rounder is a fake made to deceive, sold as original, and pushed by dealers like Niemann. I know quite a few people who gave a s$it since they dumped a couple of grant for a worthless trinket.

Dietrich
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Just being ornery....it's Friday.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X