What Am I ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Am I ???

Greetings all. This piece was sent to me for evaluation by a fellow forum member. It was described to me as the smallest EK Spange the gentleman had ever seen. Thus, I was expecting to open the envelope and find a prinzen Spange or something like that. However, this is what was enclosed and it is out of my collecting area. My initial thoughts on this are that it is the top of a broken stick pin or a device for attachment to a ribbon bar. If it is a ribbon bar device, I do not understand the presence of the stem as all of the devices I have ever encountered have been glued on. Though I am leaning toward stick pin, I wanted to get some other opinions before I tell the gentleman what I think it is.

Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea what scale I am looking at. Close-ups will follow.
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Here is the full piece.
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

Close up of the obverse. There is a good bit of frosting there. This pic had to be taken with the flash turned off as it kept washing the spange out.
      Attached Files
      All the best,
      Chris

Comment

Close up of the reverse. Thanks for lookings gents.
        Attached Files
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

My guess would be a lapel pin

Comment

Award for Nazi-babies?

Comment

Never mind.

Cheers.
              Peter
              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 02-05-2005, 05:22 AM.

Comment

IMO its a ribbon bar clasp.

christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X