Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 marked 27

Hello,
    I saw this EK2 in an antique shop recently. The owner seemed to think he could easily get $150 for it on ebay, claiming that he sold a lot of EK2s for that price. I haven't dealt with ebay in years since they suspended me many years ago for selling WW2 German items. My question is, is this anything special or just a normal EK2 from Anton Schenkl's Nachf. Wien? I'm no expert on EKs, but $150 seems way too high for an EK2, though I'm never surprised by the prices they ask for WW2 German items in antique shops.
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

A normal 27 at 150.- .... is about right .

Douglas

Comment

Douglas,
        Appreciate the response as I don't know all of the EK variations that make one worth more than another besides the schinkel and round 3 versions. I have quite a few I've acquired over the years but mostly dug out of the woodwork so I don't keep up with prices for all of the variants.
        Dale

Comment

Nice and good Schenkl

Regards
          Jarek

Comment

Generally speaking, if an EK2 can stay on eBay for awhile, there are enough bidders who aren't familiar with the "real" price of an EK2. $150 is high for this for a collector, but on eBay, they've brought more. Just a bigger audience with less knowledge overall.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Hank, I just don't even look at ebay any more out of general principles, but I remember when I was selling things on it there was little rhyme or reason to what some items ended up going for, some things way high and some way low.
              Dale

Comment

Nice original 27. The price on EK2's has soften in the last year. IMO $115.00 is pretty much the going price. Idiots who bid on ebay will of course always pay WAY more than an item is worth. Tom

Comment

Thanks guys. I got the EK along with another swastika pin that I posted in another thread. I have no collecting interest in the pin so I will probably sell or trade it to lower the EK cost.

I didn't have one of these crosses in my collection. Looking at Trevors EK2 maker thread, it says the following:

Maria Schenkl 27
                  unmarked with # frame
                  marked 27 with # frame
                  marked 27 with standard frame

What does the # stand for? I searched several threads but couldn't find one explaining the asterik symbol.
                  Thank you,
                  Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                    Thanks guys. I got the EK along with another swastika pin that I posted in another thread. I have no collecting interest in the pin so I will probably sell or trade it to lower the EK cost.

I didn't have one of these crosses in my collection. Looking at Trevors EK2 maker thread, it says the following:

Maria Schenkl 27
                    unmarked with # frame
                    marked 27 with # frame
                    marked 27 with standard frame

What does the # stand for? I searched several threads but couldn't find one explaining the asterik symbol.
                    Thank you,
                    Dale
                    I'd venture it means with cross-hatching on the inner corners (next to swaz) where the beading criss-crosses itself.

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by hank c. View Post
                      i'd venture it means with cross-hatching on the inner corners (next to swaz) where the beading criss-crosses itself.

Best
                      hank
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                        I'd venture it means with cross-hatching on the inner corners (next to swaz) where the beading criss-crosses itself.

best
                        Hank
                        +2

(in fact you can see one posted simultaneously with yours, here)
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

the first piece , the regular frame type
                          and the second ths so called # frame type
                          Attached Files

Comment

exist marked and unmarked variation
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great education.Nice pictures.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X