Sedlatzek RKs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedlatzek RKs?

Not sure of the correct spelling. But when did the Sedlacek RK become recognized as an official maker of RKs? Is the evidence pretty firm for this maker?

Just curious as I saw that maker is pretty much accepted as a wartime Rk, yet it is not covered in Dietrich's book on RKs, so I assume that evidence has come up since that publication.

Originally posted by blind pew View Post
    ..Just curious as I saw that maker is pretty much accepted as a wartime Rk, yet it is not covered in Dietrich's book on RKs, so I assume that evidence has come up since that publication.
    The Sedlatzek cross is covered in my book on page 224-225 under the chapter "Other Possible Manufacturer." Sedlatzek never got an LDO-Number nor a PKZ Number and he was never an official supplier of the Knights Cross to the Präsidialkanzlei. It does not seem that his crosses were collected from his (and possibly other) shops after the private sale prohibition. If so they would have been awarded. I do not know all awarded example, not by far, but from a pure statistical point of view and over the time of 70+ years one would assume that at least one would have turned up, even if only in a "slightly believable" group.
    There is still a lot to be learned about that cross type, but I don't think it will ever change to an "official status" - but nevertheless it is highly collectable!

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
      The Sedlatzek cross is covered in my book on page 224-225 under the chapter "Other Possible Manufacturer." Sedlatzek never got an LDO-Number nor a PKZ Number and he was never an official supplier of the Knights Cross to the Präsidialkanzlei. It does not seem that his crosses were collected from his (and possibly other) shops after the private sale prohibition. If so they would have been awarded. I do not know all awarded example, not by far, but from a pure statistical point of view and over the time of 70+ years one would assume that at least one would have turned up, even if only in a "slightly believable" group.
      There is still a lot to be learned about that cross type, but I don't think it will ever change to an "official status" - but nevertheless it is highly collectable!

Dietrich
      Thank you-

Nor does anyone know who really made the 3/4 ring crosses, yet pretty much everyone accepts them as an awarded cross, particularly with photo evidence and some solid groupings.

Is there photo evidence of a Sedlatzek (thanks for the spelling) being worn or any groupings? If not, is the evidence from period displays and advertising?

So when you say it does not have "official status", does not infer that it is not conclusive as a wartime cross, or just not conclusive that it was awarded?

Comment

The fact that so far the maker of the 3/4 Ring RK is not known has no impact on the fact that it is proven to be wartime and awarded. And that has also no impact on the topic of Sedlatzek. As we know today, Sedlatzek was no official supplier to the PKZ and only the PKZ was handling the awarded crosses. There is some evidence of the cross type being wartiMe.
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

3/4 ring in wear and possibly "Sedlatzek" in wear.
          Attached Files

Comment

First photo possibly , second I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              First photo possibly , second I don't think so.
              The first photo os 100% a 3/4 Ring Cross. The second one could be a Sedlatzek due to the (seemingly) dipping ring.
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Here's another possible.
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Who is the Luftwaffe Hauptmann wearing the 3/4-Öse Ritterkreuz?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                      Who is the Luftwaffe Hauptmann wearing the 3/4-Öse Ritterkreuz?
                      No idea. Just an image I saved (in December, 2010), perhaps from a book.

Comment

OK. Do you have any more photos of KC holders with this kind of cross?

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                          The first photo os 100% a 3/4 Ring Cross. The second one could be a Sedlatzek due to the (seemingly) dipping ring.
                          100% agree

Comment

Hans-Hermann Merker (photo from Kaiser's books on Kampfflieger RK winners). Unusual enough (awarded RK in 1944) that I remember sending Dietrich a copy.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that is an extremly late date for a 3/4 to be awarded!!!
                              On the other hand, we don´t know if this was the cross that actually was awarded to him. Could be a replacement.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X