Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubergrosse pre 45 photos

Hi,
    I saw a recent post talking about EK2 worn as RK, and began to wonder...does anyone out there have bona fide photos of the famed 'prototype RK' known as the Ubergrosse in wear before May 1945? Doesn't matter whether it's on a bar or at the neck ... any photos would be interesting.
    Thanks
    Andy

I think many years ago I was a proponent of the "prototype RK theory, but I am not anymore.

I think they were just oversized EK2s.

If that's true, it will be very difficult to identify one in a period photo.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Yeah, there are lots of views on the ubergrosse, but as it stands at present nobody can prove jack. Sands of course can shift even among senior collectors on what an item may or may not be. For instance, the Rounder KC. Then of course there's the S&L matter. Is it an accident that S&L A-types appear to be being jettisoned at an alarming rate as we speak and at attractive prices? I wonder why? Do some people know things that most don't, is it just coincidence? Take a look, for example, at the queue of S&L A-types on weitze.net awaiting new owners (for the record, I have always found my dealings with that outfit to be of the highest standard in efficiency and ethics). Just pondering, of course, as one does. And to that end it is my belief the ubergrosse was possibly intended as a prototype RK, and that it was equally also possibly intended as an EK2. Disagree? Agree? Prove it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X