• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the unmarked KVK1 who maked?

I'd say Julius Bauer Sohne.
    George

Comment

Hi JC,

"43" is the maker. L/11´s are similar, but the biggest difference is that their pin tapers a bit towards the end. Your´s is "43".
      Attached Files
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Sorry, George, posted at the same time!

JC: (Julius Bauer = 43)
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

George

Comment

Looking at the reverse shots of both these KVK's, the sword grips are different, and the lower catch is different. Did 43 make these 2 different versions? Or am I missing something?
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Well noticed and you are right about that, so maybe even another maker, although that pin is typical for 43.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

I noticed the difference in the swords when I was comparing my "43" to jc's. Still, I thought that (in addition to the pin) the obverses matched. What do you think?
                Attached Files
                George

Comment

Thanks the all replys, these difference make me not clear the manufacturer of it.

Comment

jc

How does the obverse of yours (especially the stippling patterns) compare with mine?
                    George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                      How does the obverse of yours (especially the stippling patterns) compare with mine?

the thickness of swastika is defferent

Comment

It also looks like some of the points(?) on each arm of the crosses is more pronounced (pointier? sharper?) on Georges than on JC's. The borders on the arms also seems to vary in thickness between the same points on the two crosses.
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Well then, maybe it's not a "43." But I thought that the stippling patterns of the two crosses were a pretty close match. What do you guys think?
                          George

Comment

I'm going out on a limb and say "different". Unless they re-tooled the die, the sword hilts, the swaz, the border, and the tips of the crosses all seem to be different. And, concentrating on the lower left portion of the 6 o'clock arm, I think the stipling there is different also.

I've got an unmarked KVK 1 at home that I'm going to double check, and see which it more closely resembles....

Comment

L/84 * UNMARKED * 15

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X