Maker on an EK 1 spange in the case??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maker on an EK 1 spange in the case??

There is no maker on this spange that I can see. Would anyone be able to take guess on the maker, from my pics??
    Thanx,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Trying a variety of lights.
    Attached Files

Comment

case
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Unkown

It is commonly referred to as the Unknown maker.

Comment

It looks like there is a gentle wave underneath the 1939 date.

Comment

Hi Tim

I have the same version in the same exact case. Yes, commonly referred to as the "unknown maker" but some of us beleive this spange was produced by E. Schmidthäussler of Pforzheim because of a specimen found in europe with the outer carton box with this maker's name. However, generally speaking, the jury is still out on the maker

Cheers

JC

Comment

spange

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                Hi Tim

I have the same version in the same exact case. Yes, commonly referred to as the "unknown maker" but some of us beleive this spange was produced by E. Schmidthäussler of Pforzheim because of a specimen found in europe with the outer carton box with this maker's name. However, generally speaking, the jury is still out on the maker

Cheers

JC
                JC and others are correct, JC explanation is the best answer. Jim

Comment

Thanx everyone.

Comment

Lovely patina on that clasp

Comment

If I were to buy it from the owner, is $850 way over the top?
                      Is $600 a realistic price or still a little high in today's market??
                      I realize that it will only be an opinion but I look forward to any that are made regarding this question.
                      Tim

Comment

spange

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                        I realize that it will only be an opinion but I look forward to any that are made regarding this question.
                        Tim
                        Tim, I would go with the lower prices, although dealers are asking the higher one and sometimes higher for a cased set. Jim

Comment

Thank you, Chief Master Sergeant .

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                            Tim
                            I paid a fair bit more than $850. US for mine back in 2010 (so imagine in canadian!) but I wanted it and the market was different back then so $850. doesnt seem so outlandish to me. However, even based on what I have seen more recently, I think $600 for a nice cased one is low so it would be quite a deal

PS your previous post "It looks like there is a gentle wave underneath the 1939 date"

In checking my picts (no room for displays: all my stuff is stashed away in bankers envelopes stored in tupperware containers) I noticed that the date box frame is about twice as deep as the date numerals and the bottom section of the frame is slightly angled towards the date instead of straight which explains the wavy appearance. Here are a few picts of mine; looks shiny "head on" because of camera flash but very dark patina when shot at an angle. You can see the dept of the date vs the box outine and the slight angle of the lower box rim which abuts(?) to the numerals creating the wave from a head on view

Regards

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

The "wave" is normal with examples from this maker.
                              Here are two of mine for comparison.
                              Ralph.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X