EK 1 1939 L26 unissued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 1939 L26 unissued

Greetings all. I received an unissused EK1 1939 from a highly respected colleague.

What is different regarding this badge is the frame in non-silver, has the white on black flaking (very little) and a reverse identical to an unissued 1957 series. Infact, if the iron core were changed out, one would think it was a post war '57 badge.

Is there anyone who has had experiences with L26 EK's with this "transitional" change?

I sold it and have been questioned for authenticity. Even second and third opinions have left the buyer uncomfortable. The badge checks out in every area exceptring these little differences I need to bone up on. Any thoughts? Thanks, Dan.

Hi,

here is my EK I 26.

Can you put pics?

Ivan
    Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hello Ivan. I would have posted a scan except I don't have the badge. It would seem there are some examples out there. The piece I refer to is in mint condition.

In my opinion, yours, mine and others are a late war production and it is as simple as that. I know of no known fakes of the L26 badge and they were plentiful at the end of the war, silver frames as well as the non-silvered ones.

Comment

Dear Dan,
          I am assuming that you are referring to an L/26(K&Q)piece,rather than a 26(B.H.Mayer)piece.Is this correct?
          K&Q pieces nearly alway's show amore tapered contour of the cross arms than a B.H.M.The beading,swastika and date are also generally of a better quality.(This is my opinion.)
          Unless you are comparing these side by side the differences in the obverse would be difficult to spot.
          However in comparing the reverse sides of these crosses the differences should be obvious.The K&Q cross should have a coffin block pin assembly with a tapered pin and a round wire C catch.
          The B.H.M.has a crimped hinge assembly with a fat pin and a flat wire C catch.
          Variations may occur,but not on any K&Q pieces I have seen.
          I have seen 26 marked crosses with a C catch similar to the '57 issue and a pin assembly similar to a K&Q for sale and have regarded them with suspicion.I have yet to hear an arguement for or against them.
          As always,picture's of your piece would help a great deal.
          Regards:Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X