Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
    Simple. Pure greed.
    I agree - exactly the reason I stopped collecting maker marked EK2's.
    Marked Lauer crosses are indeed difficult to find, but they ARE out there. I have owned two of them in the past 5/6 years. But there is no way they are worth this much.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Regards - Danny

Comment

Ok, so what I am understanding is that the only reason it's "rare" is due to the maker Mark and not anything special? I understand Schinkel and round 3s, but if it's difficult to find the 14 maker mark...well, I guess I'm not in "need" of this variant.

Greed also looks to be part of it. Thanks for the info on why it's priced in the stratosphere compared to other EKIIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
        Simple. Pure greed.

I read, I read, and I do not want to believe, but I do not know what - in envy or ignorance of the realities of the market crosses EK2-1939 ...

My first Lauer's cross signed "14" I bought for 450 euro, the second (double) I sold for 600 euro, I noticed that recently Sanya sold his for 599 euro.
        Now I have another double and I sell it for sure not less than 600 euro
        Top it will be in my collection still.

A colleague Leba (Grzegorz) how could buy a signed cross Lauer "14" for 145 euro let them enjoy and buy. I will not be angry. I am not responsible for the ignorance dealers.
        As you remember a similar price, the same dealer sold cross EK2 signed L/53 !!! ???
        The same cross I redeemed for 900 euro.
        The reality is, if something is rare it cost !!! If I buy Juncker cross EK2-1939 signed L/12 for 1000 euro is O.K. but if rare Lauer's cross signed "14" I sell for 600 euro it is no longer O.K. - why? Because not everyone can afford to buy it ... Sorry.
        Not everyone needs to have this cross in his collection.

My statement I do not want to offend anyone, but I can not stand jealousy and unjust prosecution.

Regards
        Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by boch_62 View Post

I read, I read, and I do not want to believe, but I do not know what - in envy or ignorance of the realities of the market crosses EK2-1939 ...

My first Lauer's cross signed "14" I bought for 450 euro, the second (double) I sold for 600 euro, I noticed that recently Sanya sold his for 599 euro.

A colleague Leba (Grzegorz) how could buy a signed cross Lauer "14" for 145 euro let them enjoy and buy. I will not be angry. I am not responsible for the ignorance dealers.
          As you remember a similar price, the same dealer sold cross EK2 signed L/53 !!! ???
          The reality is, if something is rare it cost !!! If I buy Juncker cross EK2-1939 signed L/12 for 1000 euro is O.K. but if rare Lauer's cross signed "14" I sell for 600 euro it is no longer O.K. - why? Because not everyone can afford to buy it ... Sorry.

My statement I do not want to offend anyone, but I can not stand jealousy and unjust prosecution.

Regards
          Jarek

Comment

The reality is, if something is rare it cost ! Sorry.
            I have to agree with Jarek. Rare EK2s are expensive, and no one has to buy this cross.

I personally wouldn't pay €650 for a 14, but I wouldn't pay €650 for a Spanish Cross in Gold either. Neither is worth the money to me, because I don't collect them. But both prices could be fair to someone who needs the item for their collection.

Hell, I've got five EK2s that I can think of, right off the bat, for which I paid over €1000.

Accusations of "greed" are misplaced. The market sets the price in this hobby. If you find an item too expensive, leave it for someone else who wants it. Why complain?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by leba75 View Post
              It depends on where you are looking for .... 145 euros, I would buy it for this price

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/87/...r__258987.html
              And so would i buy it for that price... In fact i did!!
              It arrived yesterday.. And i'm sure smiling at the price i paid for it..
              Happy ... Erm. Oh yes !!

Comment

Regards
                Jarek
                Not every one is in envy or jelouse or ignorant !! For me the price of eks hasnt shifted too much in years and to spend 600euro on an ek2 would be crazy when they do go for a lot cheaper it seems some dealers want to price collectors out of the market imo unjust prosecution comes with unjust prices

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X