EK 2 for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 2 for review

I recently found a bad badge in my collection, so I figured might as well check a couple of other pieces the same dealer sold me. Maybe you all could help with that as well. Wondering your thoughts

http://imgur.com/w1MekTt
    http://imgur.com/6UTLEUQ
    http://imgur.com/Thftm9p
    http://imgur.com/ejOg09J

Uploaded one picture with white background because my basement is dark. And one taken during the day so you can see the color difference. I have not cleaned the item at all so it is in the condition I bought it. Thanks again all! -Greg

Hi Greg,

Terrible photos!!

I don't have access to my database at the moment, but the core looks to be a good Paulmann & Crone (#86 - always unmarked), found with ferrous and non-ferrous cores - which is yours?
    I recall their frames having slightly more rounded inner corners so I cannot be sure on this, but I am certain one of the other guys will be able to identify it for you.

Regards - Danny

Edit: Sorry ...

I've been out of this game too long... on second thoughts - Paul Meybauer?
    Last edited by Danny70; 01-12-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny70 View Post
      Hi Greg,

Terrible photos!!

I don't have access to my database at the moment, but the core looks to be a good Paulmann & Crone (#86 - always unmarked), found with ferrous and non-ferrous cores - which is yours?
      I recall their frames having slightly more rounded inner corners so I cannot be sure on this, but I am certain one of the other guys will be able to identify it for you.

Regards - Danny

Edit: Sorry ...

I've been out of this game too long... on second thoughts - Paul Meybauer?

I don't know what to do about the dang pictures. I do it with a good camera and the pictures look yellow. I do it with a cruddy phone camera and the color is right but the photo blurry. I am no photographer

Anyways......Ferrous. Magnet sticks pretty good....

Comment

These Might Help a Little Bit...

Still not great but a bit better perhaps...
        Attached Files

Comment

Maker 23.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I fully agree with Trevor =23

Regards
            Jarek
            Attached Files

Comment

Hí Greg
              I totally agree with Trevor (streptile) this is a 23 with Meybauer 1 type core

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                Maker 23.

No more late night drunken posts from me in future!
                Yes, it is indeed a '23'

Regards - Danny

Comment

One last question

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post
                  Hí Greg
                  I totally agree with Trevor (streptile) this is a 23 with Meybauer 1 type core
                  Thank you all so very much for the time you have taken. I do however have one last question. I have been looking this evening at sites to find reference book. I am finding some very detailed books on amazon, but most are in the $200+ range. You all are able to tell me the manufacture from a picture. Me on the otherhand is just hoping it is real. I have a couple books but insuffiecient to militaria collecting. Where does one go to find good reference books at a reasonable price?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X