• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are very cheap real diamonds.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
      The side view shows a lots. It is a fake.

Chen, is this now fake, because there are dots instead of stones to the left of the large vein?

Comment

Yes of course they are lower grade diamonds, not top quality gems! Anyway they are diamonds...

There are very cheap real diamonds.
        Last edited by Viriathus; 01-01-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

So far I have not seen any 2nd pattern Type A or B so-called museum piece in any books or period photos, the only I have seen is 1st pattern museum piece as mentioned in Bowen book. Its stone is not real diamond. It is also featured in Forman Guide Nr. 12b.
          Attached Files

Comment

Chen, is the example in post 16, a "Belly Dancer?," per your posting in post 55 below?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...iamonds&page=3

Comment

Can you post a better photo on it, please?

So far I have not seen any 2nd pattern Type A or B so-called museum piece in any books or period photos, the only I have seen is 1st pattern museum piece as mentioned in Bowen book. Its stone is not real diamond. It is also featured in Forman Guide Nr. 12b.

Comment

Hi Gary, "belly dancer" refers to the central vein shape, wider at the center. Not really the case of this badge..

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                Chen, is the example in post 16, a "Belly Dancer?," per your posting in post 55 below?

Last edited by Viriathus; 01-02-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I doubt seriously that the example in Bowen's book is an original example of a museum display piece from the time before May 1945.

Attached a example allegedly from the Armeemuseum Strassburg - big difference!

Dietrich
                  Attached Files
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Can you post photos some side views of wartime originals, please?

The side view shows a lots. It is a fake.

Comment

Gary,
                      The type in post #1 and 4 is a new type of fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                        I doubt seriously that the example in Bowen's book is an original example of a museum display piece from the time before May 1945.

Attached a example allegedly from the Armeemuseum Strassburg - big difference!

Dietrich
                        Mr. Maerz,
                        That one shown in Bowen book is 1st pattern while the one you show here "should" be 2nd pattern.
                        Anyway, the Bowen's one is not well made so will this still be accepted by museum as display piece, I have no answer. But as you know, 1st pattern ,even the awarded piece to Molders, is also not that well made too as compared to later 2nd pattern.
                        I am quite opened to any further concrete information ( photos or documentary) about the so-called museum display piece, whether 1st or 2nd pattern.
                        BTW, here is one as posted by another forum member before ( museum or awarded piece?)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Viriathus View Post
                          Can you post photos some side views of wartime originals, please?
                          Viriathus,
                          Photos of original diamond to KC owned by collectors are very scare.
                          The only side view to a 2nd pattern B piece ( to Hartmann) is featured in Maerz's book page 306.
                          Not sure Mr. Maerz likes me to post here.
                          I suggest whoever wants to study the diamond to KC should get a copy of his excellent book " The Knight Cross of the Iron Cross".

Comment

Gary,
                            Here is the photo of the "Belly Dancer" fake( the one with the hand holding it). Note the central vein has a fat belly out . However, the faker improves it by thinning out the belly( the one with white tissue as background). But this thinning process creates additional area so the faker put dots there to make it look better.
                            This type of fake is different from what Viriathus shows in post #1.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Chen the one you show in the pictures of your last post is the one regularly for sale on the E-stand as a postwar Klein piece made by its workers. I believe in that story.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X